Chapter 22

Opening your eyes, you stretch as you sit up, humming in satisfaction as your joints release their pressure. Slipping out of the futon, you yawn groggily as you fold it neatly. You quickly switch out your outfit to a clean carbon copy, swinging the small bag over your shoulder.

You twirl the key to your room around your finger, whistling a small tune as you leave the room, well-rested and rather chipper. You slip the keys into your pocket with a calm smile on your face. 

That was probably one of the best sleeps you've had in a long time.

It was quite nice. 

As you walk the halls, you meet up with a confused Naruto and a roofied Jiraiya. 
"How's it hangin'? What's troubling y'all?" You drawl, casually strolling up. 

"Hey Y/N-sensei, It's good to see you again! We can't find Shizune or that old hag!"

Jiraiya smacks the back of his head, mumbling something about respect and being too loud.

"Well, we can always search for them. And what do you mean 'good to see me'? I haven't been gone." You ask, confused.

"What? Yes you have. The you've been missing for the past week!" Naruto reveals.

You wince. 

That was why you felt so rested. It didn't change the time with Madara, and you were missing a rather large amount of chakra, but still. 

Ouch.

"Looks like I have to pay a little more. Have you checked their room?" 

"That's what we were about to do." Jiraiya states, his groggy state seeping into his voice. 

"Did she drug you?" You ask him straight.

He nods, sighing heavily. 

You motion for Naruto to walk in front of you, and you begin your short journey to Shizune and Tsunade's room. 

You knock, hearing a feminine groan from the other side before a gasp and sudden shuffle interrupt it. Rapid footsteps approach the door, and it swings open, Shizune running straight into your chest. 

"Hey there Shizune. Mind telling us what happened?" You ask nonchalantly, her face dusting with a light shade of pink as she frantically steps away. 

"Oh, uh," She shakes her head quickly to clear it. "Now isn't the time to sit around and chat! We need to hurry; we can talk on the way!"

You nod, looking at the slouching man and whiskered boy behind you. They look back seriously. 

Tsunade reaches out, about to touch Orochimaru's arms, when a kunai comes in-between, thrown by Kabuto. "What is the meaning of this? Coming here and betraying me?" Orochimaru realizes why Kabuto threw the weapon, his smirk faltering just a little. "Princess Tsunade? What led you to the decision to kill me?"
Tsunade glares, remaining silent as Orochimaru continues. "Even so... I trust you wholeheartedly, Kabuto. I appreciate your loyalty and foresight in anticipating Tsunade's attack."

"Yes.... she's in the medical corps, same as me. I could sense her murderous intentions in her chakra."

Orochimaru sighs, saying, "And I really did intend to bring them back, too. And I even promised not to attack the leaf, but..."

Tsunade falters, a sad and slightly uneasy expression appearing on her face. She wipes it off, smirking a small bit while scoffing.

 "Orochimaru..... You not attacking the village? I knew immediately that that  was a lie. But..." She looks to the ground, and continues. "I wanted to see them again. I wanted to touch them again. I wanted to see their smiles again."