1000 Heart Special

that's me
 this chapter also pushes this story to over 300 pages so :')
I hope you enjoy!

This is from Quotev, but I can also use it as a 1000 vote special, which I missed really badly.

Heroes and Villains AU
This has multiple endings!
pages: 54.7
word count: 19087
*as of publishing

The wind howls around you, piercing screams echoing as you run as fast as you can. Your power couldn't really help in this instance, so the most you could do was use your training. As you continue running into the carnage, the number of civilians drastically falls, either from evacuation or death. The bodies litter the streets, many of their leathery faces twisted in agony eternally.

Smoke hangs in the air, the bright fire surrounding you consuming buildings greedily. You wince, whispering small condolences for the scattered dead. One was still holding a baby to her breast, trying to protect the child with all of her might. They both perished anyway, the night sky unhearing to their screams. A drop of sweat rolls down your face.

The shrieks and hollers fade as you head further into the heart of this chaos, only two figures still standing. They were nothing but shaky silhouettes in the growing flames, mostly hidden from your sight. 

Ducking behind a flipped car, you send a call for backup, deciding to try and figure out a plan while they arrive. Your back is against a broken light pole that stood about five feet from the nearest building. You cringe when you accidentally hit your elbow on the car, the sound loud enough to be heard from about 50 feet away. Hearing some footsteps crunching on the broken glass from a scorched building, coming from the direction of the two figures, you sweat more, whispering to yourself. 

"Wordplay: Stealth 100."

As the shadowed figure peers at your position, you take in a few things. One, he's male. Two, he was wearing a mask, like your team. Three, he had one eye, red in color.

His position on the car was quite aggravating to you, his body looming over you in a way that blocked your escape undetected. 

You hold your breath as he looks directly into your eyes, you both just staring at each other. He glances away as the other person calls for him, looking back at you. His eye narrows, suspicious.

"Hmph. Could've sworn I heard something."

His voice was low, scratchy in the kind of way that happens after damaging your throat with smoke, but was overall an almost perfect copy of the one that called out. That voice was familiar, though. He steps away, turning around and walking off silently. You sigh, hoping that backup shows soon. 

Peeking out from behind the car, you barely have enough time to raise your arms before getting punched. You slide back, getting to your feet and glaring at the hooded man who stood in front of you confidently. You could see the other guy beginning to walk over, probably curious as to what was going on. 

"I knew someone was still here, but to think it was a damn hero... You disgust me." He spits, enraged by the mere sight of you.

Your eyes narrow and you grit your teeth at his words. You lower into a crouch, whispering, "Wordplay: Dynamite With a Laser Beam."

You feel a small pistol form itself in your hands, you you hold it out, keeping both eyes open as you aim. You smirk, firing.
The pistol was flung back, a surprisingly large amount of recoil in it's small cylinder. Your shot flies through the air, hitting the ground right as the man steps forward. It's a strangely shaped stick of dynamite, lumpy in multiple places. He begins to laugh at it, probably seeing it as a flubbed weapon.