Chapter 28

Landing on one knee, you stand, an uncomfortable expression on your face. "That feels so weird." 

"Maybe so, but Kamui is quite convenient." Obito responds, watching as you glance around. 

"Where is the Leaf compared to us?" You ask, trying to get your bearings. 

"It is behind us. We need to begin moving if we want to make it before midnight." Obito urges, making you nod. 

"We should get going then. Lead the way, Lollipop." 

Obito looks at you, amused as he begins to jump from branch to branch. "Lollipop?"

"Yeah. Your mask reminds me of a lollipop." Explaining quickly, you see him shrug and look forward again. 

"It does have the characteristics, I suppose." 

You smile at his acceptance of the nickname, sticking with it. The silence from your mind did worry you a bit, though. 

"Madara? You good?" You quietly ask, hearing a low groan. 

"Kamui does not do me well. If we could never do that again, I would be so much happier."

His complaining brought a small smile to your face. 

"It feels like I get held back a bit, and when I finally get released I just get slammed back here." He sighs, displeased with the whole experience. 

"That sucks. I hope it gets better for you." You quietly sympathize, him again sighing. 

"I do too."

Obito motions for you to stop, so you land on the same branch as he does. Glancing at him, you soon look down to where he was facing. 

There was a group of five rogue Stone nin, wearing dark clothing and bandanas. They looked up at you both, a woman in light armor whispering something to the supposed leader of the group. He points at you, making you raise an eyebrow as he shouts. 

"You! You're worth a lot dead, and even more alive! Let's get 'em!" He grins, his hand drifting to his bag where he pulls out a kunai.

"Wait! Julio, who's that besides them?!" The same woman from before cries, her eyes flickering between you and Obito.

One of the other lackeys walks forward a bit, a cocky grin on his face. "Don't worry Adrea. He's not mentioned anywhere, how strong can he be?" 

You look at Obito, who also faced you. You both began chuckling, it soon intensifying into full on laughter. He had his Tobi voice on, which made another lackey step up. Her face was slightly intimidated, but she yelled an (admittedly lackluster) insult at the both of you. 

"With that kinda stupid ass voice, there's no way he's stronger than us!" She smirks, but you could see her hesitation clear as day. 

"He is totally going to switch to my voice."

"Oh? Would this be more to your liking?" Obito implored, having switched to Madara's voice.

"Called it.

Having finished laughing, you grin at Madara's prediction and outcome. 

"Y-yes! It would!" She shouts, intimidated enough for her hands to start shaking. Just to prove a point, Obito switches back to his Tobi voice.

"Y'know, for Stone ninja, you aren't very grounded!" He laughs, soon continuing. "But, hey. I can make it so that you're grounded for a real long time.