Chapter 19

{ ( ‾ ʖ̫ ‾)     bye}

The ANBU members run along, going at an impressive speed. "Remember. If you see the enemy, do not engage. We are here for a retrieval mission, and to possibly do recon." The ANBU mumble in agreement and continue on quietly. Once they get to about three-fourths of the way there, a crow caws, flying off and startling the ANBU. They all stood on guard, feeling a chakra signature.

A group of crows fly in a circle, diving down and forming into a body. "Itachi Uchiha! Quick, we need to leave!"

The other two ANBU nod and try to get away, but are quickly struck down by two kunai right between their eyes. The captain makes a hand sign, and three wooden pillars extend from the ground, trapping the calm Uchiha. Itachi then walks out from behind a tree, the figure trapped in the pillars bursting into crows.
"I am not here to hurt you."

"How am I supposed to believe that? You killed my other squad members!"

"Orochimaru's base is heavily guarded. You won't be able to get in without being found out immediately. Also, Y/N is almost always being watched. You should head back and let them escape on their own. They always do."

"How do I know that you're not lying?"

"You don't. But I do believe that you would rather escape with your life."

Tenzo huffs, but reluctantly nods, turning away and saying, "They better get back soon. I would like to talk to them."

You sit at a table, talking calmly with lackeys and experiments, a few snakes surrounding you, watching over your actions. You had been plotting a way to escape, and now all you needed was a perfect time to do it.

Walking back to your room, you found Orochimaru in the halls.

"You've behaved so well recently, dear. I've been thinking about rewarding you."

"Like what?"

"Maybe some time outside. With my supervision of course."

"Sounds interesting. I'm heading back to my room, so bye." Orochimaru waves, summoning Marco around your neck and walking away, a grin on his face. Getting to your room, you gently set Marco down on the bed and flip next to him. Marco flicks his tongue on your cheek, causing you to smile.

About an hour later Marco poofs away, soon to replaced by his brethren. You quickly form a shadow clone and teleport away, reappearing in front of a startled Kisame and a calm Itachi.

"Yo." You say, sitting down.

"What brings you here? I heard you got caught by Orochimaru."

"I did get caught. As of now, my clone is at the base."

Itachi hums, and says, "Well, you should probably head back to Konoha soon. Someone is looking for you."

"Who?"

"Someone with wood style."

You smirk, realizing who it was.

"I have an idea as to who that is. Anyway, how have you two been?"

Kisame smirks and answers, "It's been the same. Doing missions and just hanging around."

"Cool. Do you have any missions currently?"

"As of now, we were just about to head out to get some rogue-nin near Konoha. Want to join?" You nod, saying, "Sure. It's on the way." 

Walking next to Itachi, you begin to talk with him about Sasuke, telling him about the curse mark. Kisame watches the interaction with a grin on his face, ignoring his confusion as to why you were casually speaking with a man known as a menace by your village.
You sense the rogue-nin and jump into a tree, motioning for both of them to follow. "How many are there said to be?"