My heart breaks...

Seeing Lily so terrified makes me want to go find that bastard and kill him. I hold her and give her a minute to calm down before we head out of the ladies room. Millie was standing gaurd outside the door and when we step out she grabs Lily and hugs her.

"You okay? What's going on Lil?"

Lily still seems to be in a bit of a daze so I answer for her. "Millie, we need your help with something. Is there somewhere private we can talk?"

"I'll check to see if one of the meeting rooms is available. Wait here just a second." She walls away and makes a phone call. While she's gone I just hold onto Lily and rub my hand up and down her back to sooth her. "There's a room open. Follow me."

Once we're settled in in a room upstairs I ask Lily if she wants to tell Millie or if I should. She just shakes her head no and continues to stare out the window. I reach over and hold her hand.

"You guys are realy scaring me. Ollie, tell me."

I start off at the beginning but I don't go into full detail. There will be time for that later.

"Seven years ago right before Lily and I broke up she was raped." Millie's hand flies to cover her mouth and her eyes automatically fill will tears. "It was on a weeknd trip home for her moms birthday. I couldn't come with her so I wasn't here. She went for a run early one morning on the trail by her parents house. It was bad. Her parents took her to the hospital and they did a rape kit. The bastard used a condom and had a hoodie on. It was dark and she was disoriented from him beating her." I have to fight back my own tears as I say all this outloud for the first time. Next to me tears are just falling down Lilys face. "So they didn't catch the guy. But, today in court when the guy who's up for parole started talking Lily recognized his voice. She said it was like she was back there on that trail and she could feel him on her all over again. The sound of his voice made her physically sick."

"Jesus, Lily. I'm so sorry." Lily just nods her head. I continue on.

"Millie, if that's the asshole who hurt her we can not let him be released. There's no evidence from Lily's case though to actually tie her attack to him. What can we do?"

"I'll go see what I can find out about what happened at the hearing today. And Lily if it's okay with you I'll need to get a copy of the police report from your attack?" 

"Yes." Millie and I talk for a few more minutes. Then Lily speaks again. "I think he recognized me."

I turn to look at her but she's still looking out the window. "What?"

"When I stood up he looked right at me and after a second he gave me a big smile like he recognized me. He told me seven years ago that we would have to do it again some time."

I get up from my chair and get in between her and the window so she has to look at me.

"Lily, listen to me. I promise you, I will not let that piece of shit ever hurt you again. Do you hear me?"

"Thank you for saying that. But, you can't promise that. You can't be with me around the clock. And if he gets out on parole then I can't live in hiding the rest of my life."

She's right but that doesnt mean that I won't do everything in my power to keep her safe.

Millie gets up. Comes over and hugs Lily again. "I'm going to go see what I can find out. Ollie why don't you take Lily to your place and I'll stop by as soon I get all the information I can."

"Okay. Thank you Mille." I take Lilys hand and lead her out of the room to the elevator.

"I need to call Emily, the woman who I came for today and explain why I ran out. I just left her there all by herself."