THE THINGS WE DO

THE THINGS WE DO
Donald Uzoka

The Things We Do explicitly explores the everyday life, struggles, habits and addictions of a teenager such as depression, drug addiction, gambling, lack of confidence, insecurity, grief, parental dispute, acceptance, questioning religion, suicidal thoughts, the point of life in general, among others.

TRIGGER WARNING
This book addresses and depicts issues such as depression, self harm, sexual/physical assault, drug use and abuse, violence, bullying, which might be disturbing for some readers.

©2021 DONALD UZOKA

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

DEDICATION
To every young adult who has felt or is feeling like they're lost and can't seem to cope with everything.

TRAILER

NOTE

THIS IS A COMPLETE WORK OF FICTION AND ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REAL LIFE IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL AND UNINTENTIONAL.

THE GENRE OF THIS STORY IS YOUNG ADULT WITH STRONG ELEMENTS OF MYSTERY/THRILLER.

THE ACTIONS AND THOUGHTS OF THE CHARACTERS ARE IN NO WAY SUPPORTED BY THE WRITER.

THE STORY IS SET IN NIGERIA, THEREFORE, THERE WILL BE USE OF NATIVE LANGUAGES AND VERNACULAR IN DIALOGUE BETWEEN CHARACTERS.

THE WORD COUNT FOR CHAPTERS IN THIS BOOK RANGE FROM 2,500 — 5,000 WORDS.

WORDS WRITTEN IN ITALICS MEANS THEY WERE PARTICULARLY LAID EMPHASIS ON. SENTENCES IN ITALICS ARE NOT IN ENGLISH.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This project actually means a lot to me. It's safe to say that this is the most important story I'm going to tell because I feel like it summarizes my life as a struggling teenager. It's going to be an emotional and heart-wrecking journey and it's not going to be your regular teen fiction. I actually did cry while writing some scenes so definitely, I'm hoping it'll have the same impact on you. Teenagers go through a lot and there's only so much the society can do to help. This is my little way of helping.