[Epilogue] Fireworks

Start from the beginning

"Yodo nee-san is right, nii-san have annoyed me for i don't know how much time saying he missed her" Himawari agreed.

I looked at her surprised and she gave me a 'did-i-stutter' face, which made me more shocked. She isn't anymore that little shy girl.

"C'mon, move! You can't talk about your relationship there, nii-san! Let's go outside. Oh and, here otosan, the file you asked." And with that she dragged us to the nearest park.

We were sitting on a bench.

Awkward silence.

"Uhm, when you said 'give them privacy' Yodo, you meant it for real or you were just kidding? You know, it's already pretty uncomfortable and all of you are watching us like it's a movie. And Shinki, stop glaring at him, can you?" I finally spoke, tired of the situation.

"I can't" he replied. "Just leave us alone, please" I begged them. "Oi, Boruto. Keep the distance" Shinki said, before leaving.

"Do I make you feel uncomfortable, Y/n-chan?" Boruto suddenly asked. 'What a question, of course you do!' I wanted to respond, but I didn't. I'd rather die burned by the fire than die of embarrassment.

"Kinda. It's been a while, huh?" "Yeah"
"Inojin told me you're still training with uncle Sasuke" I said. "You already met him?" I nodded.

"How about you? What did you do in the Hidden Sand?" "Nothing special, argued with Shinki, tried to control the sand and helped the Kazekage in the office"

Then I remembered the letter. Should I ask him about it? I don't know... Maybe he doesn't feel the same anymore. But, let's give it a try.

I lent it to him. He opened it and realized it was the letter he gave me four years ago. "You were so romantic" I said, chuckling. "Were I?" he laughed.

I could say he was blushing. "We were only kids, don't be embarrassed." I reassured him. "You're right, but what I was feeling for you was real"

"How about now? Do you still-" I didn't finish talking, his face was getting closer and closer to mine, then whispering he asked "Do I have to answer sincerely?"

I stared at his blue eyes, until...

Without giving me time to open my mouth to speak, Boruto pressed his lips to mine, connecting them in a passionate kiss. I put my hands on his neck pulling him closer to me, as he made me sit on his nap and those few seconds seemed to last forever.
I love that feeling.

We broke the kiss, out of breath. I put my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "I guess now you know the answer, Y/n-chan" Boruto said, sitting again properly. "If Shinki had seen us, you'd be dead by now."

"Yeah, but let's not talk about him. Hima told me there will be fireworks tonight so, wanna see them?" he proposed hopefully. "Why not, but first I need to go home" "I'll walk you here then"

→→→

I rang the intercom,  "Who's there?" a women voice asked. "Your lovely niece, auntie" I replied. "Oh, Y/n! I missed you" She ran and hugged me, "Me too auntie"

"Come in Boruto, your friends are in the living room, and I have a surprise to you, Y/n" We took off our shoes and entered.
'Surprise? What kind of surprise?' I was wondering. "Ta-da!"

"Uncle Itachi?" I didn't hesitate to hug him, why no one told me he wasn't in coma anymore!? "You grew up a lot, you know?" "I know" I responded with tears of joy.

→→→

We were all now on the roof admiring the fireworks exploding in the sky. "Y/n, you still didn't tell us what happened between you and Boruto!" suddenly Chocho said.

"Umm... Nothing?" "Don't lie to us, nee-san, don't act like you two didn't kiss" my eyes widened, I covered her mouth with my hand and asked "How did you- Hima are you a spy or something?"

"I was only guessing, don't worry I fully accept you as a sister in law" I sighed. "As long as my brother doesn't know about it, it's fine."

Right then, Boruto called my name. "Whoo" said the girls in chorus. "Yeah?"

Boruto's POV
"Yeah?"

"C'mon, you can do it Boruto!" the boys encouraged me. "Do what?" Sarada questioned.

I took a deep breath and spoke, "Y/n, can we talk?" "Sure" She replied and walked away from the others. "No wait," I stopped her, "Let's talk here" "In front of everyone?" She asked surprised. "Exactly."

I looked around: there were Shikadai and the squad, the girls, Shinki's team, Y/n's dad and relatives and my family. A lot of people were staring at us.

"So, what's it about?"

"Be my girlfriend."

"What?"

Y/n's POV
Did he just- I-

Tell me it isn't a dream

"Be my girlfriend" he repeated, but I stayed silent.

"Please"

"I would love to" I finally replied.

Boruto wrapped his arms around me and then kissed my forehead, I was so happy. "Thank you, Y/n-chan"

"Distance!" Shinki yelled, "Yeah yeah" I replied laughing.

The end.

[Words count: 2123]

Happiness. || Gaara X Reader” OUT NOW❗ Check it out if you're interested ;)

Tysm for the support and votes you gave to this book <3

-ㅈㄴ