[Ch 23] Explanations

We went home, I was tired but at least I had fun. I opened the door and saw dad, aunt Sakura and uncle Sasuke very serious, what did I do wrong this time?
"U-uh Y/n, Shinki, we must go then" Yodo and Araya are now staying in a hotel near to the Yamanaka's flower shop.

"Don't you want to have dinner with us?" I proposed at the two.
"We're really sorry Y/n, but we can't, maybe next time?" I nodded understanding and they left.
"I'll go to my bedroom, oh and, Shinki, if you need anything ask to Sarada."

I started to walk, but then he stopped me by calling my name. "Yeah?"
"Come with me, father want to talk with you" he said, leaving me behind.
"Can't we talk later?" I asked hopeful.
"Is important, Y/n. You want explanations, don't you?"

We reached the living room and I sat down on the couch. In front of me there were the three adults, while I was between Shinki and Sarada. There was silent until auntie broke it.

"Y/n, would you like to know something about your mother's life?" she asked me kindly. I nodded in response and, after inhaling and exhaling uncle Sasuke started talking.

"Before I tell you all I know about her, why don't you start Y/n?" he said.
"Pardon?" I asked confused
"Tell us what you know about m/m (mother's name)".

"Now that I think about it, I don't know anything about mom, only that she was a great Shinobi and that she fought alongside the Hokage during the fourth great ninja war" I explained.

He looked at me and said. "You're right, she was a great Shinobi... But like you, I don't know much about her" "What do you mean by that, uncle? Aren't you her twin brother?"

He sighed, took courage and replied "I am, but I was a stupid, a fool, that time, when I was your age I left Konoha and abandoned M/m" i looked at him confused, at the same time I was a little bit mad at him because I couldn't belive he could do that to her own sister.

"Why did you do that? I know how much mom cared about you, and you just left her alone? And most importantly why didn't uncle Itachi stop you? I mean, he's the older brother, he should have do something!"

I yelled at him and our eyes met, looking at them well I saw that they were full of pain and sadness. At this point, I started to regret having said those bad things to him, so I apologized. "I'm sorry, uncle, I didn't mean-"

"No, no, don't worry. It's all my fault, I only wanted revenge, not considering M/m's feelings" he interrupted me.
"Revenge? Of what, papa?" asked Sarada curiously.

"I guess now it's the right time to tell them the Uchiha's clan story, Sasuke" said the Kazekage.
"Yeah, they aren't kids anymore. I think that Sarada and Y/n are old enough to know the truth about our family." added aunt Sakura.

"Do you two know why you don't have any relatives?" He asked us and we both shook our heads.
"Our clan has been destroyed by..." he was about to tell us who was the killer but he stopped suddenly.

"By Itachi nii-san" My eyes widened, I was surprised, as well Sarada.
"I-i don't belive you, uncle" I stuttered.
"I'm sorry Y/n, but that's the truth."
"So that's the reason why you wanted to revenge, papa?" asked Sarada.

"Yes, you know I was about to kill him" uncle Sasuke confessed, like it wasn't a big deal.
"WHAT!?" we both said, more shocked than before. Shinki was astonished, too.
"If M/m didn't arrive on time, he would be probably already dead."

~flashback~
Your mother's POV
"Naruto!! I have to accelerate or S-sasuke" I said impatient and concerned about my brother.
"M/m don't worry, me, Sakura and Sai will distract them. You go and search him"
"Thank you Naruto, for everything."