[Ch 22] An entire day with my 'brother'

Y/n's POV
"Hmm... It's so good!" I said tasting what aunt prepared.

(im not sure but I think this GIF is from 'Food wars')

She ordered Sarada to set the table, while she asked me to serve the rice. I bought some bowls and started to count them. Six, perfect. I took them, went to the dining room and started filling them. I placed one in front of Shinki, I looked at him for a moment waiting to hear a 'thank you', but he was silent and started eating. "Your welcome huh" I said and then went back to the kitchen. I took off my apron, untied my ponytail and washed my hands.

We were eating silently, nobody said a word, until aunt opened her mouth and said "How nice it is to have dinner together, like a real family". We all agreed, but I only partially, our family isn't complete without uncle Itachi and mom. It would be fantastic if they could be here too, unfortunately it will never happen.

"Y/n, as soon as you have finished your dinner, tidy your room because Shinki will sleep with you" I chocked on my food (?) and drank some water. "What!?" "You heard right, Gaara will go to the guest room and since you have an extra bed, you'll have to sleep with your brother"
"Auntie, you know very well that I'm trying hard to accept Shinki as a brother, but aren't we going too fast? I need some time because it's still difficult for me, I never thought of having one and then all these discoveries are driving me crazy."

"Allright, then you and Sarada will stay in a room together, while Shinki will sleep in your cousin's room. Are you three okay?" I nodded happier than ever, Sarada did the same but a little bit disappointed and Shinki, on the other hand, was indifferent. "Thank you Auntie!! You're the best" I thanked her million times, then Sarada pulled me out of the dining room.

"What are you doin-" "Why did you made all of these excuses!? Y/n, you know how much I care about you but you shoul- no, you have to care about Shinki, too. He's your brother, you have different parents but, like you and I that are like sisters, you need to dimostrade affection to him, understood?" I snorted at the thought of having him as a brother and having to love him, but I knew that Sarada really wanted me and Shinki to get along, so I nodded and decided to do as she said.

"Great, now come with me and show Shinki the room where he will sleep" "Can't he jus-" "Y/n!" "Fine fine fine, is only because you asked to". We entered the dining room and I saw him about to bring his plate to the sink. "Oh, no no! Stay there, I'll do it for you" I forced to smile and went to the kitchen. I swear I'm going to kill Sarada after that UGHH! "Why did you change all of sudden, Y/n?" asked uncle Sasuke confused. "B-because um- i wanted to be a good sister and nicer, I've been always so mean to my l-lovely brother" Lovely? Ew lovely, my ass- I meant butt, yeah butt.

Sarada began to cough trying to call me. She looked at me and motioned me to do what we talked about earlier. I sighed, went to the boy and said "Um, Shinki, do you want me to show you your room?" He didn't answer me again, but after noticing the look the Kazekage had given him, he decided to reply "Sure, Y/n"
After having made the tour of the whole house, we went back to the living room, where the others were. At one point I heard the bell ringing "I'll get it" said Aunt Sakura heading for the gateway.