[Epilogue] Fireworks

Depuis le début

Just because my brother's protective when it came to boys, Araya always pretended to be in love with me and I've always gone along with it. It's so fun to see Shinki like that.

As we were walking towards the Hokage office, I spotted a group of teens talking to each other. I immediately recognized them; Mitsuki, Sarada, Chocho, Inojin and Shikadai.

I glanced at dad to ask if I could go to them, he understood and nodded giving me permission. I smiled and went over to them, put my arms on the girls' shoulders and said "Oh, very interesting."

"Y-y/n? Is that r-really you!?" All of them were shocked, speechless. No one could talk properly. "Long time no see, guys"
We hugged each other, it's been a while since our last hug.

In their arms I felt at home.

"Why didn't you tell us you were coming, Y/n? We could at least prepare something for you" said Chocho. "It was a surprise to me too, believe me."

"Shikadai you got taller than me. Same for you Inojin, Mitsuki. The world is so cruel, I didn't grew up that much, just few centimeters" I stated pretty sad.

"Seriously... After four years, your still the same, an immature kid" Shikadai replied.
"Oi, Shikadai don't be like this. I should be really mad at you because you and Sarada, MY two COUSINS didn't visit me or even tried to contact me"

"It's the same for you then, Y/n" Now that I think about it Sarada's right. I'm not a genius, okay? I didn't consider their point of view. "Don't laugh at me, Mitsuki!"

"By the way, do you know where I can find-" before I could finish, Inojin cut me off. "Boruto? He's probably training with Sasuke-san"

"Actually, I wasn't searching him" His eyes widened, I wonder why. "Wait, did something happen between you and him?" Inojin asked worried. "Ehm, no?"

"Then why you don't want to see him? I mean, I expected you would immediately look for him, since you two were 'pretty close' with each other" he explained.

"Just because I said so doesn't mean I don't want to face him again, Inojin" I facepalmed. "So you want to see him or not?" I'm done with this boy, seriously.

I saw Yodo calling me, "I have to go now, sorry guys" I said as I left. We planned to meet at home later, with the others too.

→→→

*Toc toc*

Dad knocked the door and few seconds later, a voice said "Come in". It was the 7th Hokage, uncle Naruto. "Gaara, it's you! What was the trip like? Trains were fast, weren't they? And all this thanks to the Kaminarimon Company, dattebayo!"

Even if many years have been passed his way of speaking is still the same, he remained the clumsy Hokage I know.

"Whoa there, Y/n! You've grown up a lot, now you're a woman. The last time I saw you, you were only thirteen." He got up from his chair and approached us.

"Naruto, I came here before the meeting because Y/n insisted to see you. Now we better get going, you must be busy right now" Dad stated.

I was going to open the door, but then a girl, followed by a boy ran into it and both fell over me. "We're sorry, miss!" "It's okay" I replied. They helped me to get up and when I faced them...

"Boruto, look who came to visit" uncle Naruto said, smiling.

"Hey" Was the only thing I could say.

"I think you two need to talk, this never ending love story is pissing me off. Like, seriously. Talk about all the things you wanna tell to each other and, you, Boruto ask her to be her girlfriend." "Yodo...!" i whispered, embarrassed as hell.