One hundred and six: Wait you what?

Isabella's POV

I was still waiting for Lukas in the cold on that damn bench when I saw Zach on the other side of the road. He was closing the café and when he turned around his wary eyes met mine. He lowered his gaze towards the concrete, regret displayed in everything his did. He put his hands in the pockets of his jacket and looked up at me one last time before walking away, half a smile the last thing he gave me. Another person I've hurt...

Guilt and regret washed over me, but my heart was purely filled with worry when it was seven thirty and still no sign to be seen of Lukas. Maybe be doesn't want to talk after all, now that we need to talk more than ever. Dammit, what if something happened, he's never late... At most he's always early... Crap! My eyes widened and wandered off to the glass door of the café...

No! No! He couldn't have, he's early but not that early... No this can't...he can't... If he saw who know what he... God I need to... As panic filled my veins at the thought of him possible seeing Zach kiss me, I couldn't think straight, only words but no sentences. With shaking hands, I grabbed my phone to find him in my favorites. It went straight to voicemail the first time, just like the seven times I tried to call him after that.

"No no no..." I desperately said out loud... This isn't happening! I need to explain what he saw, again. This time something did happen and it's all my fault. I cannot imagine a life without him, I just can't... I should have kept Zach at a distance, dumb fool that I am... My need for making new friends came in the way of the best friend I was ever going to have.

There was no other way to know if I still had both best friends in my life than to walk back to Lukas and Mia's place, on my leg even though it was going to sting like a bitch. I started walking, and it took me longer than I expected because of the limp in which I was forced to walk. The longest fucking thirty minutes of my life! I was out of breath from both walking and the panic pinching my throat shut.

I opened the door and walked straight to Lukas's room, passing Mia who was sitting on the couch in the process. Nothing, he's not here, where the hell is he! Dammit! I grunted and when I turned to Mia she was looking at me with wide eyes.

"Oh oh." She just said as she looked at me with a parted mouth. I didn't blame her, I basically stormed into the place. Defeated I stumbled to the couch and slumped down. A deep sigh left my lungs before I buried my face in my hands, panic now fully taking over all of my emotions. "Hey hey hey, what's going on? Where is my brother?" She said, her voice laced with worry.

"I was hoping you would know?" I looked up from my hands, probably looking like a mess and when I met the frown on her face it looked like she was just as surprised as I was that he wasn't here too.

She shook her head, hopping closer to me on the couch as she caringly threw an arm around me. "What do you mean? He came to pick you up, right?" She frowned again.

I shook my head and looked up to meet the worry on her face. "He never showed." I grimaced, my face turning into a crying mess once again.

"What!" She raised her voice. "What hap-"

"Mia, I made a mistake!" I shook my head, bringing my hands to my face once more to hide. How was I going to tell her without losing her too! He's her brother, she'll always pick his side... No I don't want her to pick sides... Her arm around me disappeared as she sat back into the couch, watching me with questioning eyes. "Zach kissed me, and I let him... I didn't realize it unti-"

"What? You did what!" She yelled with disbelief. "Until let me guess, until it was too late huh?" She squeezed her eyes at me, and I suddenly didn't feel comfortable being here. She looked away into the room, trying to make up her mind. "Do you like Zach?" She said emotionless.