Fourteen: the freaking devil

Isabella's POV

Lukas opened the door and in she walked, Olivia miss-look-at-me Kimble. She squealed and all I did was roll my eyes at Mia who was doing the exact same thing before we both returned our focus to The ugly truth. That said I have to admit it took every ounce of my willpower not to look at them, to look at him. I could feel his presence behind me and while my mind wandered off, thinking about how she probably clung to his neck until I heard a noise. My willpower was gone, poof, out the door with it, when I turned around to see something

I didn't think would affect me like it did. Lukas had Olivia pinned against the wall, his body smashed against her. I swallowed, trying to wake me up from a dream that clearly wasn't one. This was happening and every letter, every word in my mind that tried to convince my body that he really didn't feel anything for me was doing a victory dance, killing every beautiful butterfly in my stomach, squashing them to pulp. I wanted to simply stand up and run away, hide from the rest of the world for letting him get to me like that but my feet were glued to the hardwood floor, I was stuck. Stuck in reality and stuck in my mind because while my mind was racing with thoughts of all kinds by body was completely speechless. I heard Mia yell something to her brother clearly pissing him off while he kept his eyes on me. His grey eyes keeping me hostage like I was his prisoner. And I was... I couldn't move, hell I couldn't even breath as his hand dragged Olivia out of the apartment slamming the door behind them. Even when I heard their footsteps disappear in the background all I could feel were those beautiful butterflies rising from their ashes, turning them into pins that gutted me from the inside. All I could feel was hurt, anger but mostly hate.

"Bella?" Mia said shaking me by my arm and pulling me out of my speechless bubble.

"What?" I said surprised, looking at her worried face, including a pair of furrowed brows.

"What's wrong, you look like you have seen a ghost." She chuckles, clearly clueless about my murderous thoughts.

"Your brother isn't a ghost, he's the freaking devil." I muttered unaware of how loud my voice actually sounded. It made Mia blast out a laugh with the magnitude of a 4.0 earthquake.

"Don't worry about them...In the morning Olivia will regret sleeping with him for the ten thousandth time and he will have an STD on his dick." She giggled and I couldn't help but to laugh at her comment even though my heartbeat for him flatlined. I didn't even realize it was beating for him until a saw him kiss the bitch next door.

"I don't care about them." I cleared my throat. "I'm m-mad because they Int-interrupted our movie." Stuttering as always when I tried to push a lie from my lips.

We continued to watch the movie while I was fumbling in my seat, twirling my phone in my hands. There was no doubt left I wasn't going to stay away from Drew, not after what I had witnessed seconds ago. Disgusting how he lifted her up wrapping her legs around his waist and how it made her moan in the presence of two other people trying to enjoy their movie. By the time the movie credits of our second movie, yes that's right we did a little marathon, rolled over the screen I still hadn't texted Drew. What am I waiting for!?

"Man, I could barely keep my eyes open during the last twenty minutes." Mia yawned while stretching her arms above her head, squeezing her tired eyes.

"Yeah, it's late. I should probably get going." I yawned too. How is it I always I have to yawn when I see someone else yawning?

"Hell no... I'm not letting you walk to your apartment by yourself... in the dark...at this hour." Mia protested. "You're staying."

"Are you sure?" I asked, lifting my brows. I never really had close friends, not like Mia, so I guess I'm not used to this kind of sleepover questions, but I totally could.