Twenty-Five: tickle me?

Isabella's POV

Foreign politics class was as always going slower than a snail race. God I really hate this class, it's such a waste of time. Once again, I tried taking notes but I just couldn't get my mind away from yesterday 's events. Grinning at Lukas from the opposite side of the table, studying him while his was reading his notes with those incredibly sexy glasses and good god when he started kissing my neck in the kitchen, I thought my legs where going to give out from underneath me. I quit felt literally how much I turned him on which gave me an inexplicable rush of confidence. And then there was that phone call which turned everything upside down, again. However, it wasn't the phone call which made me leave angry, but his reaction. Not telling Mia about her cheating boyfriend, how does that make things better for her?I just don't get it. How is he sweet and caring one time and a complete asshole the next...I'm so freaking confused.

Yesterday, I meant it when I said I didn't want anything to do with him when he was acting like the idiot he can be sometimes. Today I was starting to regret it... At the pit of my stomach I felt an emptiness when I thought about not being around him. Like I felt lonely and I just realized I needed him, whether it was as an acquaintance, a friend of maybe more... Maybe I don't want to be just friends with him, maybe I wanted the whole package deal which included agreeing and disagreeing, loving and fighting. Just maybe, my body already knew the answer, but my mind was still considering the thought of it. I was confused and didn't know what to do, should I tell Mia, or do I protect her from harm. All of this was the reason behind another class whiteout taking notes, not that I wanted to. Again, this class was a waist of my time, but at least it gave me two hours to get my mind straight about some things.

When the professor finally dismissed class, I packed my books and walked to the library. On my way I stopped because my phone chimed in my bag. I'm already clumsy enough so walking and texting at the same time is for me like crossing a highway blindfolded, not a very good idea.

Mia: Tell me you're feeling better?  Too bad you left because now I was forced to watch a movie with my brother, not the most pleasant company...

Her text lit up my face. Because she cared about me, something I'm not used to, and my eyes started to glisten at the mention of her brother. True, he's not the most pleasant but there must be something about him that explains why I can't seem to stay away from his annoying ass. By the tone of her text I figured he hadn't told her about Jason which made me sigh. I can't be the one to shatter her world right now, so I decided to play along. Not my favorite decision. 

Me: All better! I can imagine the eyeroll marathon you two must have had yesterday.

It's true eyerolling is apparently in their genes, along with some genes that makes them the most attractive human beings on campus.  

Mia: You know it! Great! So, since you're all better you're going to a party with me tonight at the Kappa Sigma house on Elrow street. It's a black party. You and I are going!

She was quickly to reply, and I figured this was going to go on for a while, so I decided to lean back against the wall. The hallways were usually packed with people trying to change classes, but for some reason the hallway to the library was always very quiet. Maybe because the library was not the favorite place of most students.

Me: Oh so I don't get a say in this? And what is a Black party?

Mia: Nope girl I'm taking you out, it's time for some fun. I know they're trying to be fancy...

Her definition of fun because my first ever college party a few weeks ago wasn't really a success. I shook my head knowing if I said no she would come to my apartment and drag me with her anyways but before I could reply I nearly flipped my phone through the air when a white paper cup appeared in front of my phone.