Seventeen: Thief

Isabella's POV

When I entered my apartment, the plan was to study until my brain was bleeding but my mind had different plans. Hovering over my books, clicking my pen, I just wasn't $in study mode, my head was with Lukas. His lips exploring mine, his hands on my skin, our fingers intertwining, his smile, his apology for almost killing me. He was everywhere. Slipping through the cracks of my consciousness when I was supposed to focus on economics. I was smiling at the thought of our first kiss.

Never had I been kissed like that, so soft but passionate at the same time. His kiss was something else than what I ever experienced, and it left me wanting more. Unable to concentrate I laid down on my bed with my legs stretched up against the headboard. I let my mind wander off to every second I was with him. And what a rollercoaster is has been, a whirlwind of emotions. From despising him, to being angry, to craving his touch, to wanting nothing more than to kiss him, to feel every cell in my body explode when his lips touched mine, to being scared to death and finally to being the happiest I've ever been. I was laying on my bed thinking about him, almost drifting off to paradise when the noise of my phone scared the hell out of me. I shrieked almost falling off my bed. My hands gripping my comforter just in time. I was confused when I was that the sender was unknow and my heart stopped. My first thought? My parents have my new number and they know where I am. I'm not a runaway, I'm a survivor.Anxious I opened my phone to read the message.

Unknown: You better save this number because if you ever need another ride you should call me. I promise I will drive safe. Felt nice having you on the back with me! 

Instantly my face lit up like a thousand candles, butterflies flying around like they are on a racetrack. I knew it was him and a smile, the size of the moon, appeared on my face.

Me: Lukas? How did you get my number?

Unknown: With who else have you been on a motorcycle? Do you need to confess something? Stole Mia's phone when she wasn't looking...😏

A laughed escaped my vocal cords while I read his message. He's not only a pizza thief but now he also steals phones. I immediately put him in my contacts, saving his number and giving him an applicable nickname. He didn't only steal my slice of pizza, but he is in the process of stealing my heart.

Me: No and I never will drive one again...

Which was a complete lie, because I actually enjoyed it. Not because of the concept of riding one but because it implied that I had to paste my body against him and that's the whole freaking reason I will do it all over again if he asks me.

Thief: Wait until I'm at your driveway to pick you up. You won't be able to say no Isabella.

Me: You wish...

Thief: I do...What are you doing today Snowflake?

Snowflake, I get it my hair is blonde my skin is pale but I can't believe I come across as cold. It was also the first thing he called me and I thought it was kind of cute even though he was insufferable at the time.

I thought about my plans and they were noting special... Holy freaking moly! I have a date with Drew... Shit I totally forgot about my shift at the diner. The be completely honest I was so excited about this morning, my mind with one person only I forgot about the date. My shift at the diner suddenly seemed a good excuse because I really didn't want to face Drew today. It hit me right in the face I was kissing both Lukas and Drew and honestly that's so out of character it made me feel sick. I'm not a slut...I'm not... They just happen to be there at the same freaking time, presented on a silver plate...What do I do...

Thief: Ignoring me already?

Me: Give a girl time to type... 😑 I'm trying to study and I'm working tonight. You?

Thief: Trying... Seems like it's not working out so well! Working (at the tattoo shop hence the drawings on my heavenly body)...And maybe grab a bite at a place.

His cockiness was funny this time and it made me chuckle while glancing at my phone. I laid on my back and I stared at the ceiling for a minute trying to come up with an answer. I'm pretty sure I was truly and sincerely smiling for the first time in my life. 

Me: Well, my heads not thinking straight right now...Interesting didn't think you were that creative. I might know a place with great customer service...

Thief: Well thanks, look at you, being all judgmental... If you want, I could draw on you some time?

Me: Maybe!

Thief: I will remember that until the day I die! Have to go now. Have a nice day Snowflake

Me: You too

While my hands were busy typing my mind was thinking about how I was going to cancel on Drew... Moreover, what to do with the entire situation. Drew had been nice from the start and a true gentleman...I had been on a lovely first date with him... He's nice... Lukas on the other hand put me on a ride with ups and downs enjoying the highest highs but regretting I boarded when that high plummeted six feet under. But the way his touch made me feel hungry like I had been starving my entire life. The way his kiss ignited a firework greater than all New Year's Eve's lightshows together. I didn't know what to do, clueless, drained of ideas... Best strategy? Wait. I don't know...

Me: Hi, I'm so sorry but I have to cancel tonight... I forgot I had to work. Sorry!

I held the phone against my chest, guilt stuck in my throat as I knew for sure he was going to be disappointed. I hate it whenever I hurt people.

Drew: Oh...Yeah, I understand

Me: I'm so sorry...

Drew didn't answer which made me sigh with frustration before throwing my phone to the other side of the bed. I had gotten myself into a mess I didn't know how to get out of. I felt like I was juggling with both their feelings which made me the clown of the story and I hated that...

I tried to study the entire afternoon but there was just no space left for economics let alone that dreadful foreign politics class which made me barf every time I read the title of my book. By the time my mind went over every scenario including Drew and Lukas it was six in the evening an I had to get ready for work.

As always, I changed into my uniform in the locker rooms before putting on the skates that made me hate my life. When I rolled into the diner, taking my notebook out of my apron, ready to take my first order of the day I noticed a way too familiar face sitting in one of the boots. Drew's head peeked over the booth at the back of the diner, his eyes wide when he saw me rolling in his direction... Great! Note to self: it's better guys who like you don't know where you work...

***

It was a short one but I hoped you liked it! Next chapter is going to be tumultuous 🙈😉

PS: I adore all the comments and try to incorporate how they inspired me in the next chapters, you might have noticed 😉  Please keep telling me your thoughts, they couldn't make me more happy 😍😍

Don't forget to vote 👌🏼😘

***