Twenty-Three: such a nerd

Isabella's POV

After an hour with Lukas studying in front of me, I was a mess. My eyes couldn't stay focused on my book for longer than a minute before looking up at him, staring at his face like it was the most perfect thing I had ever seen. I almost forgot Mia was sitting next to him, her fingers eagerly writing out the answers to the questions I prepared for her.

A small grunt escaped Lukas's plump lips as he kept pulling his notes closer to his face, his expression troubled and agitated.

"What's the problem? Can't read your own handwriting?" I remarked, slightly smiling at him. It caused him to lean back and throw the papers in front of him on the table before crossing his arms in front of his chest, not answering me. He looked at me with narrowed eyes like I offended him, adding to his sudden irritated mood. "What?" I asked confused.

"The boy's just too stubborn to wear his glasses in front of a girl." Mia hissed at him while continuing to focus on her books. Oh, please kill me now, adding glasses to his already sexy face is going to be too much...

"Is that true?" I grinned at him; his face even more irritated now that his little sister revealed his secret. "You. Wear. Glasses." It slipped out before I knew and I put my lips in a straight line trying to contain myself from bursting into laughter. The bitch made fun of my glasses last time, now I'm going to give him a hard time in return.He tilted his head to the side, and tried to keep a straight face, but his mouth was forming a subtle smile before squinting his eyes at me again.I'm getting on his nerves, good. He returned to his papers and took them in his hands, trying to read but clearly failing as he grunted like a caveman. 

"Oh please, just wear the damn glasses Lukas! You're annoying me." Mia snapped before rolling her eyes at him violently which caused me to giggle to my own surprise. Like eyerolling runs in the family Lukas threw his eyes to the back of his head before reached down into his backpack.

With a thud he placed the black box in front of him on the table before opening it, his eyes never leaving my sight. To my surprise he winked at me playfully while biting his lips as he put on his black framed glasses. Someone please mop the floor because I just melted into a puddle under my chair. First the cast, now the glasses. Honestly, I don't know why he's ashamed to wear them because good god it added to his sexiness, which I didn't know was even possible. If I thought I was screwed before, I'm definitely screwed now.

Through his glasses he looked at me with intense eyes, like I wasn't already affected enough because my mouth was already parted while I was staring at his face. I had to cross my legs because it made me that uncomfortable but before I could his foot stood between my legs under the table, keeping me from crossing mine. Oh, fairy godmother and Tinkerbelle, help me. The tension between us was building and I was surprised but also relieved Mia hadn't noticed it as much as I thought she would have. Without saying another word Lukas took his papers and started reading, clearly being able to do so now, but I wanted more. It's not like I could concentrate on anything else...

"What is it you're majoring in anyway? You never said." I said, suddenly looking over at Mia, because as far as she knew Lukas and I never had a decent conversation, but her reaction was motionless. Well, for someone who doesn't pass that many classes she sure can concentrate. 

"Structural engineering." He said, his head peeking behind the papers he was holding in front of his face, probably trying to hide the glasses.

"What's that exactly?" I knew what an engineer was but structural? That was new to me... And of course, I made myself look dumb in the process of asking... great move...