Seventy-Seven: of course she isn't fine!

Lukas's POV

The smell of eggs and bacon filled my nostrils as I woke from an unmemorable dream, my hands searching for her warmth. Where is she? I couldn't find her anywhere but before I panicked, I remembered where I was. I was at her apartment, so chances of her running away were bleak.

I stumbled out of bed, quickly finding my boxers to cover up my morning problems and threw the sheets over the bed. The floor felt cold under my feet as I walked to the kitchen, following the scent of breakfast. I found her cooking like I did yesterday, although that dish ended up in the sink after she left. Her back was facing me, and she had thrown on my hoodie, large enough to just cover her up. Everything about this sight caused me to smile, to feel lucky. I slowed down my pace to sneak up on her, praying she wouldn't poke me in the face with her fork the moment I slid my hands around her waist.

"Lukas, you freaking scared me!" She cried out, easing into me shortly after.

I couldn't wait to put my lips on her and so I did, kissing her soft skin in the crook of her neck. "That was sort of the point, Bells." I smirked against her skin, my eyes wandering to what she was making. "Eggs and bacon huh?" I asked, putting my face next to hers, my arms pulling her to me even more.

Her head leaned into the side of my face. "Yeah, that's the least I can do for ruining breakfast yesterday." A hint of guilt coating her voice.

"You didn't ruin it. We're good now right?" I had to ask, just to make sure, even though last night was already the answer.

"More than good." She smiled into the side of my face before pecking it with her soft lips. "Now sit. Breakfast is ready." She smiled more and the fact she was smiling again made me feel more complete, something I could never feel on my own, I needed her for that, like my missing puzzle piece.

I sat down as she put a plate in front of me, joining me at the table. "Let's judge these cooking skills." I smiled at her, taunting her with the fork. "Mine were better yesterday." I laughed after having a taste and the second I did she softly kicked her toe against my shin, the cringe on her face telling me that hurt her more than me. "Don't hurt yourself babe, I'm just joking." I said, taking another fork full to my mouth.

"Good, or this would have been the last time I did an effort to cook you something." She laughed also taking a bite.

I stared at her as she finished her plate, adoring how good she looked in an oversized hoodie, my hoodie. "What are your plans for today?" I asked her as she took the last bite.

"I have to work the entire day, that's why I was up early to make breakfast. I have to leave in an hour or so." She said, the tone in her voice giving away she wasn't really looking forward to it.

"I'll drive you." I said, taking every chance I could get to spend more time with her.

"You don't h-"

"I'll drive you..." I said again, my determination putting a smirk on her face. "I have to go to campus anyways."

"So you're going to go to class for once?" She smirked getting of her chair to walk over to me.

"Hey now, for once." I said pulling an offended face at that last part. "I always go to class, I just don't have a lot of class." I said with a smirk on my face.

"Yeah right nerd." She said, swinging her leg over my lap, to straddle me, always managing to surprise me.

"Yeah, right. The perks of almost graduating. The first year is the hardest." I said, putting my hands on her hips to keep her there, my fingers traveling under the hoodie and to my surprise she wasn't wearing the pink lacy panties from yesterday, these felt different, a smirk growing on my face at my wild imagination.