Chapter 46 - Recovery

I stare into Pein's narrowed purple, ringed eyes. After we had reported to him, he made everybody else leave the room, excluding Konan. He said he would talk to Kukai later, but first he needed to see me.

"You're sick", he states, after inspecting me for a few seconds.

"Am not", I argue, stubbornly. I've never gotten sick and I won't now. He's not even a doctor, so how would he know?

"Your chakra points are cloudy, especially in the lungs, but I can still see them, so it's not severe. It might be a small infection in the lungs", Pein continues, ignoring my statement.

"I'm fine. I will be fine", I insist.

He sighs and stays silent for a moment. I narrow my eyes at him. Konan looks at me worryingly.

"Has any symptom shown?" she asks in a motherly fashion. I groan. I couldn't lie to her. She was like a mother to me.

I pout and stayed silent. She stares me down, trying to get me to confess.

"You're only going to get worse if you don't tell me", she threatens.

"I just coughed up a little blood. It wasn't that severe", I mutter, rubbing my temples. I just wanted to take a shower and go to sleep right now.

The door opens and closes behind me. I turn around to see the elder Uchiha standing behind me.

I groan, "No. You did not just tell Itachi. I'm fine. Really!"

Pein gives me an amused look and chuckles, "I have never seen someone so stubborn about being sick."

"I'm not!" I bark.

"You're not what? Sick or stubborn, because you are both", Pein states cooley.

Itachi only sighs and walk towards Pein and Konan. After a few minutes of talking, they came to the conclusion, Itachi would be taking care of me. Pein didn't entirely trust Kukai just yet and Konan was needed for the sealing of the Seven-Tails.

"We'll be short on people for the sealing, but it should be fine. Take care of Rina and keep an eye over her brother if he chooses to stay", Pein concludes, "You are dismissed."

We leave Pein's office and instantly Itachi holds me in place, glancing over me to find any sign of sickness. I sigh and shake my head. He lifts my chin, so I can look him in the eye. Eventually, he just sighs, kisses my forehead softly, and brings me to my room.

"Go take a shower. I have to get some stuff from Konan and check up on your brother", he instructs.

I nod, "Thank you. I really don't want to bother you."

"Hn. You're not", he states, pressing his lips against mine softly before leaving my bedroom.

I feel my face reddening and butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Damn him.

---

"Drink this."

Itachi holds a bowl of medicine in front of me. It was a dark brown color and looked absolutely wretched. I sniff it and pull back in disgust.

"What is it?" I gag.

"Hn. Konan made it. She said it would help", he answers, "Drink it."

"Ew. Can't I just rest or something?" I ask, pleadingly.

"No."

"Please."

"Hn."

"I love you, babe, don't make me do this?"