Chapter 4 - Team 7

I found myself dragging my feet towards the Academy. Even though I'm already a Jonin, I'm still being put into a team. What a pain. I didn't like teams. They brought me down, so I always go solo. Sure, it gets lonely, but I liked getting my missions over and done with.

"Rina-chan!"

I turn around to see Naruto running behind me. I try to hide my smile as he runs up to me, but it seemed impossible. His smile is contagious. It reminded me so much of Kukai. Before I could wallow in sadness, he points to his forehead, revealing a headband. I grin in surprise. I thought he didn't pass the test.

"Iruka-sensei gave me my headband yesterday!" he shouts. I wince at his loudness, but I still smile genuinely.

"That's great! Congrats, Naruto. I hope get put on the same team," I congratulate.

What happened to making no connections? I really start to question myself sometimes.

"Me, too!" he cheers and then runs off in the opposite direction.

I thought he was going to the Academy too? I guess he had somewhere to be.

I walk into the classroom and to my seat. Eyes follow me everywhere I go. I made eye contact with a boy on accident and he blushes, then looks away. Tch. More fanboys. Joy. I sit down in an empty seat.

I never would've thought I would have to use the term 'fanboy' ever in my lifetime. As a matter of fact, I thought only fangirls existed. I suppose I'm wrong.

"You're the new girl, right?"

I turn around to see a normal looking boy talking to me. The absence of stuttering establishes the fact that he is not a fanboy and is perfectly sane. Thank kami.

"Yeah and you are...?"

"Shikamaru", he introduces. I nod and smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Rina."

He yawns and sits down next to me.

"So where are you from?" he drawls. Obviously he means no harm, so I don't mind telling him.

"The Land of the Stars."

His eyes widen a little, "Really? That's a big move. Why'd you choose the Hidden Leaf?"

I shrug, "Personal reasons."

He shrugs, too, accepting my answer. His eyes seem to glint in intelligence. Sure, he has a lazy appearance, but his eyes shows sharpness and that all-knowing look. Undoubtedly, he already knows my identity.

"How are you enjoying the fanboys?" he grins lazily.

I grimace and mutter sarcastically, "Oh, they are just fabulous."

He chuckles, "Well, you'll only have to be here for one more day."

I shrug and nod, agreeing with him.

"First!" I hear two girls shout. Pinkie and Blondie come rushing into the room. After arguing, they walk over to Sasuke and fawn over him.

"The one with pink hair is Sakura and the blonde is Ino. Both of them are quite fond of Sasuke", Shikamaru explains. I nod.

"'Fond' is an understatement. Obsessed is more like it", I muttered. Hopefully I won't be put on a team with them.

I look over once more at Sasuke and I took in a beautiful view... of Naruto and Sasuke kissing. What the actual fuck just happened?

Then they broke apart, trying to get rid of the other's germs.

And just like that, my second nature kicks in.