Chapter 25 - A Visitor & A Mission

My eyes flutter open. I slowly get up, trying to remember the last thing that happened.

"Don't move", a dark voice says.

F*ck that. I ignore the threat and continue to get up.

Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain. The person shoved me against a tree, hand on my neck, nearly choking me to death.

"Now, now. There's no need to get violent. I just wanted to get up, that's all", I choke out.

When he doesn't let go, I struggle to release myself from the grip. With a flick of my hand, sharp crystals form and stabs my dear attacker. He lets go, but shows no sign of pain. I fall to ground, coughing.

I look up. My eyes widen.

Those eyes.

The rinnegan. I stand up and get into fighting position.

"What do you want?" I demand, squinting into the darkness. I couldn't see his appearence. Just those eyes. There's only a few I knew of with those eyes. All, but one, were dead.

After a moment, he replies.

"To talk", he says in a dark voice.

I keep my stance.

"Make it quick", I snap, keeping a steady tone.

"Join the Akatsuki", he states simply.

Akatsuki. A group full of criminals. I resist chuckling at that. I was well-aware of their existence. My people didn't care much for them. They never affected us in any way, but we still kept cautious. We knew who the leader was, many of the members, and their moves, but we never knew their motive. I remember a few times where they actually helped us, but not for any good reason. Hey. Don't judge. Every village gets down and dirty. This is our way.

"Give me a good reason why I should join a group full of criminals", I smirk, folding my arms, "What's in it for me?"

"We'll make you strong. With your potential, you can be as strong as the legendary, Uchiha Madara. Join us and we can establish your uncle's death", he says. I roll my eyes. Quite an exaggeration.

I raise an eyebrow.

"And if I don't?"

"We'll force you."

"Hm. I highly doubt you bunch could do that", I grin.

He says nothing.

I think deeply. This is an opportunity. I could train and get intel. But what about the team? Sasuke? Konoha? I know they can survive without me, but something's holding me back.

"Give me time. I need to finish a few things here and then I'll decide. I'm sure you have a month or two to spare", I smile slyly.

I see the figure nod.

"Well, I'll be going now. It's nice meeting you, Pein-sama", I bow, grinning. He shows no emotion or reaction.

I sigh, "You're quite a stiff, aren't you?"

He doesn't reply.

I grin again, "Don't worry. A month or two with me will have you feeling something again."

I transport out of the damn darkness and to the tower. They should be there by now.

---

The light suddenly appears and blinds me. I shield my eyes and see my team heading to the tower. Just in time. They get closer and closer and I was still racking through my mind for a lie. Their eyes widen when they see me.