Chapter 34 - Training: Tsunade-Style

I sit in the middle of the third training ground, waiting for Tsunade to arrive. Please don't be late like Kakashi always is... I stare at the three tree stumps by the pond and smile. The middle stump is where we tied Naruto up for the survival exercise. This is where Kakashi lectured all of them to become a better team, but it feels like we're falling apart in some ways. It never hit me how much I'll miss Konoha when I leave.

"Ready for training?" a voice shouts out.

I turn around to see Tsunade and Shizune making their ways towards me. I stand up quickly and bow my head.

"Nope", I joke. She pokes my head with a frustrated exhale. I pout.

"Well that's not good", sighs Tsunade, "First lesson of the day: have faith in yourself and others. Faith is an important component in success."

I nod. Tsunade continues walking deeper into the forest.

"Um... Tsunade-sama? What are we doing today?" I ask, curiously.

"How well is your chakra control?" she asks.

"Relatively well. Why?"

"We're going to make 'relatively well' become amazing", she smirks, "Watch and learn."

She walks over to a tree farther away from where Shizune and I are standing. She takes a deep breath and punches it with great strength. The tree deroots possibly 30 other trees at the same time. I feel my stomach rise in excitement. I'm going to learn how to do that? Imagine the damage I could do.

"I'm surprised your mouth isn't wide open", Shizune chuckles.

"How long did it take her to master the strenth of 100 seal?" I ask curiously.

Shizune thinks for awhile before answering, "About 1 and a half years."

"And you can probably achieve that in a year or two", Tsunade cuts in, "You have a great amount of chakra. If you store more, use less chakra in battles, you can master it."

My eyes shine in excitement.

"First, I want you to do that", she orders, pointing at the catastophic mess she made. Poor trees...

I take deep breath and step forward, in front of a tall tree. I direct my chakra towards my fist. My knuckle went flying against the tree. It was knocked down, along with a few other trees, but it was no where near the damage Tsunade created.

"That's good for your first try", nods Tsunade, "This time, centralize your chakra in one spot."

I nod and focus more chakra in my fist. This time felt the power surging in my fist. My knuckle went flying, once again. I feel the impact sending through. It felt natural, yet so powerful. I open my eyes. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. The amount of damage did increase, but by like, I don't know, 7 or 8 trees.

I try again. And again. And again. Time flew by pretty fast and before I knew it, I've been practicing for 3 hours.

I let out a little "huff" in frustration, pouting slightly.

"Don't sulk!" yells Tsunade.

I flinch at her harsh tone.

"By now, you'd be dead if this were a battle! I thought the Princess was stronger than that!"

My eyebrow twitches. She's taunting me.

I direct my chakra into one center point. I could feel more chakra concentrating in my knuckle. This time. This time I'll do it. I look up in determination. I run forward at a quick pace, raising my fist as I get closer.