Chapter 22 - ENZO

After the gardens, they made their way to a dessert place, and he ordered them both ice creams, handing one to Katarina, and keeping one. After about three spoonfuls of ice cream, she grabbed her throat. I instantly stood up from the bench across the road I was sitting on. I was about to run over there and shoot David in the head, but I was held back by Antonio, and when I tried to wriggle free from them, Stefan and Pascal helped Antonio hold me back.

"What the fuck has he done?" I hissed.

"We have no idea," replied Pascal, "just hold on."

"Fuck off, if he has poisoned her I swear, I will kill him, his family, his pets, his family's pets, his teachers, his colleagues, his friends, I will kill everyone," I growled. I knew this feeling, it was pure, unfiltered anger. My blood boiled, my nostrils flared, and my brow furrowed. I knew then and there, if she wasn't okay, I would kill everyone.

David called out for help, and the four of us decided to rush over and see what was going on. Katarina was still clutching at her throat, barely breathing. Her eyes were wide laced with panic, as was her whole face.

"What the fuck has happened?" I growled at David, who looked absolutely terrified.

"Is she allergic to nuts?" he asked. What the fuck is he on about? I had absolutely no idea. I knew she was allergic to horses, no idea about anything else. Katarina grabbed my arm, her nails digging deep into my arm, as her other hand grabbed her throat.

"Bag," was all she managed to say. I quickly rummaged through her bag.

"What do you mean Kat?" I asked, there was barely anything in there.

"Has anyone called an ambulance?" asked David, and woman behind him nodded, saying she was on the phone with one right now. David grabbed her bag off me, and pulled out a weird medical tool. It was the size of a large pen, encased in a plastic casing. David removed the casing and proceeded to stab it halfway down into the outside of Katarina's thigh. She winced.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I roared, leaping over to David, grabbing him and holding him up by the neck. He was struggling for breath and his faced showed only fear, and I loved the power I had.

"It's- an- epipen," the words struggled to leave his mouth. I heard the wailing of sirens as an ambulance sped down the road and pulled up next to us. Paramedics jumped out, asking what happened. I put David back on the floor, and he caught his breath back, massaging his throat.

"I didn't realise she was allergic to nuts; I bought her an ice cream and she had a reaction. I jabbed her with the epipen about two minutes ago," David spoke in a calm, even tone to the paramedics. Calm and even is the opposite of how I was feeling at that moment in time.

"Okay, we need to take her to the hospital, are you coming in the ambulance?" they directed the conversation about David. Just as he was about to open his mouth to agree, I spoke out and said "No, I am."

"I am a doctor, I can help, what can you do? All you do is fucking shout at people trying to do good by her," yelled David.

"Fuck you, you're fucking fired, you're the fucking reason she is like this."

"I didn't realise you raging, angry, Mafioso twat!"

"Enzo-" I interrupted Pascal, I didn't care what he was about to say, I was going to give him a piece of my mind. Neither of us realised that the ambulance doors had closed and they were starting to drive away, until I heard the sirens again. I was even angrier than before.

"You fucking cunt," venom was coming out of my mouth in the form of words, and I sucked punched David in the face, he stepped back, clutching his nose that had started to bleed.

We speedily followed after the ambulance, hot on its tails, and as soon as we got to the hospital, jumped out of the car and followed her in. She had an oxygen mask covering the lower half of her face as she was rushed in on a stretcher. They quickly hooked her up to an IV drip, and then just left her. They told me there was nothing else they could do, she had all the right drugs to get better, but it was her own immune system attacking her and all they could do was give her the tools to help her get better, but the rest of it was up to her body now. I was furious with David. The time before this when she left the house, she got kidnapped, this time she is here on a hospital bed, potentially dying. Typical. Fucking typical.

Antonio, Stefan and Pascal stayed in the waiting room with me, as we weren't close family we weren't allowed in yet. I felt like going up to one of them, pulling out my gun and forcing them to let me see her, but I thought it wouldn't do anything to help. What drove me off the edge was when David walked in, announcing to the receptionist he is a doctor, and the fucking boyfriend of Katarina, and was allowed in. My men held me down, barely.

"I want him dead," I hissed.

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

His death was written in the stars now.

"I want her medical records. Every time she has gone to the hospital, or the GP, every single note ever made on her and everything she is allergic to," I commanded, and received nods all around. I wasn't taking any more risks, she was allergic to horses and now nuts, what else could she be allergic to? What other problems could she have that I needed to accommodate?

After two hours had passed, I grew impatient, and stormed over to the reception, demanding to see my Katarina. She allowed me twenty minutes. I practically ran to her room, bursting in, only to see David by her side, holding her hand. Absolute cunt. When I burst in, he got up, terrified of what I might do. I'm supposed to be the one holding her hand, not him. God, I can't wait till tomorrow, when he lies in a shallow grave somewhere in that forest by my estate. I pulled a chair up to her other side and sat down, staring daggers at David, who decided to stop holding her hand, a wise choice from him. After 20 minutes, the nurse came in to ask me to leave, and I sent the dirtiest look her way, slightly opening my blazer to show the gun attached to my belt, and she apologised and left. There were no more disturbances.

"I swear, I didn't know she was allergic, I have no intention of hurting her, I like her," David broke the silence.

"I couldn't give less of a shit, if you didn't exist, she wouldn't be here," I shot my words at him, drizzled in anger and loathing.

"It could've easily been you; did you know?"

"Don't turn this shit around on me. And of course I fucking knew, you do realise who I am," I didn't know, but I wasn't about to let him prove a point. David looked down. Silence again. Good, I don't want to hear any more excuses from that fucker.

================================================================================

Thank you for reading!! 

I wonder what is going to happen now! There seems to be a lot of tension between David and Enzo! DRAMA ALERT!

Hope you are all staying safe during quarantine! <3