Chapter 6 (Part 1)

Opraia left as soon as the sun rose, without even staying for breakfast like she usually does. Then again she'd stuffed her face with candy all night. That, or she was being considerate to my new daughter and letting her have more time with me.

I was done with work enough to take a break for the rest of the morning, so I took a walk until Yurizu woke up for breakfast. There used to be a garden behind the castle back during the beginning of the war, but, by the time I was on my third wife, all of what was living there had wilted. However, I still, on occasion, take a walk were it used to be.

Nearby was the graveyard that only my wives, and former Six Crown members could be buried. It's still well maintained by the look of it. Even the headstones seemed to be replaced as soon as a crack is formed. Sometimes, I would see distant relatives or even Taikocho paying their respects.

Further passed that used to be a center of education, which was dedicated to teaching math, science, and many other things that the Hero taught us from his world. Eventually most of it became common knowledge around here, and so it was taught by all kinds of institutions all across my territory. So, it was quietly and quickly abandoned, and eventually became of of a unit for storage than anything else.

As I looked around me, all that was alive years prior are suddenly dead, and I'm only now noticing it. How many lives had been lost, places abandoned, or beautiful things lost and withered. But, now is the time to change all that.

Whilst doing paperwork, I had sent many messengers out in order to call for an all nations summit. To all 11 of the found elf tribes, 3 dwarven countries, both orc kingdoms, and even one to the merfolk. All together, I'm hoping to fix this problem and offer or bid the land I've rightfully won.

When I got back to the palace I was informed that Yurizu had been confined in my quarters. I was told that she had done something wrong and that I should punish her myself. I told them to just bring her to the dining hall, and that I would make up my mind after we were done eating.

I could tell by the distressed expression on her face that she didn't know what she did wrong. I sat down and Taikocho explained to me what happened. Apparently, Yurizu had offended her by cleaning her room whilst she was away cleaning mine.

I knew just how angry she can get when it comes to someone judging her ability to clean, let alone when someone does it for her. So, I also knew that she wouldn't feel that a light punishment would be worth the offense. I thought about a suitable punishment that wouldn't be to harsh.

When I finished my meal I announced my decision. "If she wishes to clean so much then give her something to clean. Show her how to do it correctly and she shall clean it everyday until I feel that she has served out her punishment."

So afterwards Taikocho Took her out of the room and introduced her to one of her least favorite cleaning duties, cleaning the barracks bathroom. Needless to say I'm pretty sure that Taikocho was happy with that punishment. At least until she checked up on her a few hours later.