Chapter 4 (Part 1)

The look on her face when she picked up her glass showed shock. "I've never seen such clear water", her expression said. She took one sip, then gulped the rest of it down once she realized that it was drinkable.

When she was finished one of the servants filled her glass back up. Three whole cups of water were gone before she started eating. But, when she got to the food the only thing she seemed to go for was the bread slices.

She was treating an appetizer as if it were the full course meal. After she had eaten a whole loaf worth of bread, she looked at herself. "This is the first time I haven't felt hungry." She said.

"Eat as much as you want. Anything that is mine is yours, and anyone that is mine is also at your command." I exclaimed to her.

All of the food at the table may look like average food, but little did she know that demon food is full of purified magic. So she could eat as much as she wants to but will never get fat. That is, as long as she can learn magic to expel the excess mana.

She drank one more cup to wash it all down. Then she excused herself to use the bathroom. So I had Taikocho come in and lead her to where she needed to go.

That was probably the most solid food she had eaten in her life. I'm not surprised that she couldn't eat much at all. But, she kind of reminded me of the hero in some regard.

Unlike other humans she didn't show any irrational fear towards me. Just like the hero the first time we met. I just hope that she is just as understanding as him.

One of the versions of the hero told me about his life before coming to this world. My memory may be hazy on every detail, but I can remember the important parts clearly. I even checked with the goddess of creation who brought him here and she said that the story was true.

He said he was from a country called Japan in another world. There was no magic nor demons, nor even beast-kin or elves. He was in a world surrounded by some technology called electronics that were powered in a multitude of ways.

It was a world dominated by humans, and a world that was suffering. He was a university professor, that specialized in medicine, who was murdered by a student that failed his classes. Apparently he was pushed into the streets right in front of something called a truck and died instantly.

In a last ditch effort to keep his soul from retaliating and becoming a ghost rather than being reincarnated in his own world, the goddess of creation summoned his spirit into our world. Before being reincarnated he was given skills in order not to become someone who couldn't use them or magic. However when asked for one skill he wanted all he said was, "I don't want to die."

Immortality is a skill reserved for the 3 greatest divine beings. So there was no way she could give him a skill like that. So instead she gave him a skill that allowed him to remember his passed lives and reincarnate with the level he had before.

She them reincarnated him as an orphan child. He was adopted by a wealthy merchant after witnessing the boy who at age 6 single handedly started a small pharmaceutical business and becoming famous for his effective medicines and treatments. Then at age ten, when most human kids got their status skill unlocked the people couldn't read his reincarnation skill, but all of the other skills he had were fairly rare.

An experience boosting skill helped him level up almost 10 times faster than your average human. A magical swordsman skill which only 5 out of every couple of thousand of people have. As well as an appraisal skill and spacial storage skill which although aren't too rare for noble bloodlines were almost never found in commoner bloodlines.

But on his status they noticed something under his name and level. It was a title, but to earn a title on a status you usually need to beat a high leveled monster or be in power. But his title read out 'The Hero'.

As soon as the two got back, I told them that I needed to catch up on paperwork and told Yurizu that she would have to sleep with Taikocho for the first few nights she stayed here. Taikocho bowed and then left the room with Yurizu. I just hoped that Yurizu would get used to this place before she can understand it.