get your mom.

when you wake up payton has his face buried in the back of your neck. you decided to go shower go you get up and kiss payton in the forehead. you hop in the shower. all of a sudden your music stops. you look down at your phone. brittany is calling. you shut off the water and answer the phone.

*over the phone*

y/n | hello?

B | hey y/n how fast can you get ready and down to the courthouse?

y/n | uhh 30 minutes.

B | can you make it 20 then pick up your mom?

y/n | yeah i'll make it work. why?

B | they have an opening in an hour. they can do your case and if all goes well you could go home with your boyfriend.

you kneel down because your legs feel weak.

y/n | i'll be down there soon! thank you so much brittany!

B | anytime.

y/n | bye.

*hangs up*

your rinse the conditioner out of your hair and wrap a towel around you. you go and wake up payton.

y/n | baby.

you shake his arm and kiss him on the forehead. his eyes flutter open.

P | hey beautiful.

he opens his arms for a hug.

y/n | come on!! we have to get ready and go get my mom.

P | give me a hug first.

y/n | payton i'm serious! they have an opening at the courthouse in an hour. i could go home with you.

he sits up quickly.

P | really?!

y/n | yes let's go!

P | i have to shower.

y/n | no you don't

P | i'll make it quick.

y/n | 5 minutes.

payton hops in the shower. you go into the bathroom and blow dry your hair. payton talks to you from in the shower. you curl your hair and put on this.

payton come out of the shower and blow drys his hair he puts on a button up shirt and nice pants

payton come out of the shower and blow drys his hair he puts on a button up shirt and nice pants. you get ready to leave. before you open the door payton grabs your hips and pulls you back toward him.

P | you know you're stunning right?

you smile at him. you fix his bow tie.

y/n | you are quite handsome as well.

he gives you a hug and you head to his car. you listen to a playlist you made with your favorite songs in it. soon you pull up to your moms driveway. her cars is parked. you walk inside with payton. she is asleep on the couch. you shake her arm.

y/n | sarah.

mom | oh hey y/n.

y/n | come here we are going to get ready to talk to CPS.

mom | what's a CPS?

y/n | you'll see.

you walk her to her room. you had never been in there. it smelled of weed and nicotine. you see carts of weed scattered around her room. she had vapes and cigarettes on her bed and nightstand. empty beer cans and wine bottle crushed on the floor. you give her nice pants and a top from her closet. she puts them on. you fix her hair and lead her to payton's car.

P | is she stable?

y/n | no.

while payton drives you mom is talking to herself in the back. you call your friends from here and tell them to come. they all answer pretty quick and will meet you there. when you arrive brittany is waiting at the entrance she comes up to your car.

B | hey you two.

you looks in the back. she sees your mom. she is a wreck.

B | so this is your mom?

y/n | that's sarah.

P | she doesn't like calling her 'mom'.

B | oh okay.

she helps sarah out of the car. they walk in and get her seated. before you walk in a man stops you.

man | are you y/n?

y/n | yes sir. that's me.

man | hi i will be your judge today. we need you to video call your father and stepmom since they can't make it here today.

he hands you a laptop.

y/n | will do. thank you for fitting me in today sir.

man | thank you for coming forward about this abuse. it's not good for any child to go through.

you and payton get your parents on call. you walk into the courtroom. you see your friends sitting in the benches. you go over and greet them.

y/n | hey guys!

O | omg hey. i haven't seen you in like a week.

y/n | i'm sorry. i wanted to-

O | it okay i understand.

you get hugs from the girls. tony come over to give you a hug.

P | yo keep a little space.

tony looks at him then to you.

y/n | i had to tell him.

T | it's all good. sorry i man i had no idea. no hard feelings.

P | no hard feelings.

tony shakes payton's hand and gives you a hug. brittany takes you and payton to your seats.