the flight.

you bury your face in your knees.

mom | what about some music?

y/n | your worried about music while you just dragged me away from my life. everything that's important to me was back there!

mom | you life is at home.

y/n | that is my home.

she turns on the music. you lay your head against your window. you watch your city pass by. you pass payton's house. your school. the store you met payton and charli for the first time. you cry and cry until you fall asleep. you wake up to your mom shaking you. you are at the airport. you take your bags up and go through security. you haven't said a word to your mom.

mom | you want some food.

y/n | i'm fine.

mom | okay stay here. i'm going to get panda express.

you pick up your phone and call payton. he picks up on the first ring.

*over the phone*

P | hello?

your heart breaks when you hear his voice. your throat feels tight.

y/n | hey payton.

your voice breaks.

P | hey baby.

his voice is so low. you know he's been crying.

y/n | i miss you.

P | i miss you more. literally i'm about to drive to the airport to see you.

y/n | literally come.

P | i can't.

y/n | i can't live without you.

P | we'll get through this together. we'll call every night. i'll come visit. we can do this.

you burst into tears in the middle of the airport. people start to look at you. you cover your face.

y/n | i love you.

P | i love you more, love.

your mom comes around the corner

y/n | she's coming. i'll call you when i get off. i love you goodbye baby.

P | bye love.

*call ends*

mom | our flight will take off in 10 minutes let's go.

you walk over to your terminal and board your plane. you can tell it was a last minute purchase because the plane is full and she is sitting on the way back and you are sitting in the middle by 2 strangers. your eyes are still full of tears but you look out the window as the plane takes off. you start crying as you leave the ground. the girl next to you puts her hand on your shoulder.

girl | are you okay?

y/n | i'm fine. it's just my stupid mom.

girl | you want to talk about it. i'm madi by the way.

y/n | i'm y/n. it's just i was with my dad. she stepped out of my life years ago. but then came back to take me from the life i already had. amazing friends and an even better boyfriend.

Madi (Ma) | awe. well where are you staying now.

y/n | her house in Minnesota.

Ma | i live in Michigan i was just visiting my family in North Carolina. But if you give me your number we can stay in touch.

y/n | sure.

you exchange numbers.

Ma | this is my boyfriend Sebastian.

Sebastian (S) | hey.

you talked to them the whole flight.

This first chapter is a little slow but i have a lot of plans for this sequel!