hotel room.

when you get to your room you put your prescriptions in the top drawer of your dresser. you mom walks into your room.

mom | hey.

y/n | what?

mom | where were you?

y/n | what?

mom | when you had your so said "panic attack"

y/n | what you don't believe me?

mom | no i don't.

y/n | you think i'm lying?

mom | you just want to go see your father.

y/n | yes i do want to see my father. have you seen this place. you left for the Bahamas for a month without telling me. my dad almost died and you were too high to give me consent to go see him.

mom | because i don't want you seeing him!

y/n | then maybe you shouldn't make it impossible to deal with you!

mom | it's not impossible!

y/n | JUST GO!

mom | no you can't just tell me to leave my own house.

y/n | then i'll leave!

you grab your backpack and walk out.

mom | GET BACK HERE! i'm you mother!

you kept walking. you walked 30 minutes to the hotel you were staying at. you walk up to reception.

y/n | hey i checked in yesterday and i got rushed to the hospital. can-

receptionist | oh!

she hands you a card.

reseptionist | room 275! your stay was already renewed.

y/n | what?

you start walking to your room. when you get there you open the door. you hear the shower on. you look down at shoes on the floor. their payton's. you quietly open the door. you see payton in the shower. you take off you clothes and slide open the shower door. he looks at you and smiles. he hugs you eagerly.

P | i didn't think you were going to come back.

y/n | i came to get away for my psycho mother.

P | we are going to CPS tomorrow.

y/n | my prescription!?

P | what?

y/n | i left it at home.

P | i'll go get it.

y/n | no! it can't be you. i'll call chase.

P | Chase?

y/n | keith. you don't know him.

you grab you phone and call chase. he's bringing it to you. you finish your shower with payton and dry off. you change into shorts and payton's burberry hoodie. you sit on the couch on your phone. you hear him coming out. you act like you fell asleep on the couch to see what he would do. payton walks out.

P | hey baby-

he walks over to you and kneels down. he brushes you hair behind your ears. he takes your phone out of your hands and sets it on the table. he picks you up and takes you to the bed. when he lays you down he kisses you on the forehead and sits down next to you. he starts watching The Office.

P | i know you're asleep. but i have a few things to get off my chest. the first time i saw you i didn't even know your name. not even a week later i was taking you on our first date. but in the next month i realized what i had gotten. a sweet humble girl who cares for anyone she crosses paths with. by the end of that month. i asked you out. i finally got the girl i had dreamed of. you are my soulmate. you are who i was meant to be with. we did everything together. we graduated. i was already looking at our future together. buying a house together. or staying with your dad. but getting married and starting a family. with you? how did i get so lucky. then your mom took you. seeing you these last few months in pain has hurt me. i stayed by your dad for weeks because of how much he meant to you. a year ago i had no idea who he was. now he is the father of the most beautiful girl i've ever met. i'd even call her the love of my life.

your eyes begin to tear up. he continues talking. you turn around and hug him.

P | you heard that?

y/n | every word.

P | oh i-

y/n | i love you payton.

P | i love you too.

wow payton just poured his heart out to you. this kid is head over heels in love with you.