Ch.16 Numb

A/n Have told y'all that I appreciate y'all... no welp now you know.
----

I felt my world come crashing down this couldn't be happen for real I mean I just spent all of yesterday and morning she was fine, I always did that, ever since Kenya took me.

This was a cruel ass prank if they was pulling one over me I didn't speak to them I just pushed passed them I want to find this shit out on my terms. I walked up to the receptionist it was a different the one, the one that save me when I was having a asthma attack, I never got to thank her she never came back.

I gentle tapped on the desk to get her attention I tried not to sound like I was going to cry as best I could Jordan was behind too, I didn't need to look behind me to know.

"E- excuse me but I'm here to visit Kadace Carter is she in room 210. I just wondering was she still in that room."

The whole time she wouldn't look at me she just keep her eyes on the computer as she typed on the computer. Then she look at the back before getting up.

"I'll be right back ma'am. " I shook my head I wanted her to tell me not a damn doctor.

I sighed as she got up out her chair and walked to the back not even a minute later came the doctor that was helping my mother he look sympathetic when he saw me but covered it up with a straight face.

"I'm sorry ma'am but she passed away." He said it so simple like it was nothing to him... But it meant everything to me I was losing someone special to me again. I didn't say nothing just walked out the hospital. Jordan followed behind me.

"Mitch... wait up." Jordan said grabbing my be my shoulder I quickly wiped my eyes and looked at her.

"Not right now Jordan, can please just be alone. Catch a ride with Ant or Tasha. " I said taking her hand of my shoulder, I hugged though even just let her know I'd be all right.

"I still have my best friend after all this right?" Jordan said biting her lip, I knew how she felt about my Momma it her hurt too. I just nodded my head, kissed her on the forehead.

"You still got me I promise Jordan. " I responded back getting in my car and leaving. I wasn't if I was going to be alright but I knew I needed too just not tonight.

----------

"Kenny remember when we were 10 and that one time you broke my Momma's vase and you nearly pissed yourself. Trying to explain what happened. " Khadijah said I rolled my eyes but a smirk was on my face her and me were reminiscing about the time we got in trouble with my aunt.

"Okay first off you broke the vase I was covering for you mothafucka. " I said picking up the last piece of plexiglass. I looked at her as she was laughing at me, like that was funny we both sat back on her couch tired.

"Man I'm engaged." She spoke smiling big, I was too; I was happy for my cousin she was with the love of her life.

"You just now realizing that or what?"

"I don't know it just hit me Kenny, like I'm a be with her for the rest of my life, I hope you get come to the wedding I want my best woman by my side."

"I do too." I said smiling sadly I still hadn't told nobody I was being deployed to Japan yet, and this time I might not be coming back. Khadijah must sense the change in my mood cause she stopped smiling.

"What's the matter?"

I sighed I hadn't told nobody, I was scared I mean they only had me back for six months and hearing that I had to leave so soon. I looked at her sighing since she was the first to know.