Ch.12 I Am Not My Mothers Child

It's about to go down (Kevin Hart voice)

------

I furrowed my eyes in confusion because I never knew Khadijah had asthma she quickly looked over to make sure Kenya didn't wake up.

"Yeah I had it all my life, she won't tell you this but I will, Kenya lived with my parent, and I. When hers just up and left. But anyways she carry my inhaler since I like to 'forget it.'" She said using suggetive fingers at the the end I laughed cause sometimes I liked to 'forget' my inhaler too, sometimes I just wanted forget that I had asthmatic problems but that never happened, anyways Khadijah pointed to her cousin my girlfriend and chuckled, "but Kenny never let me she used to carry that damn inhaler with her since you know I loved 'forgetting', and until this day since she not by me all the time like she used too, she make Jordan carry the other one."

"Damn straight I do." I heard Kenya's voice and I laughed as Khadijah scowled her, I wanted to laugh but the headache made it hard for me too, so I chuckled which didn't make it no better.

"Go back to sleep." Khadijah said playfully mugging a stretching Kenya, who was smirking actually they both were smirking at each other. But Kenya looked at me an it turn into a smile I wish I could smile back and that a nurse or doctor would hurry up that'd be appreciated.

"Has anybody checked up on you since you been up?" Kenya asked after she was done stretching, as she said that a doctor as a nurse came in the room with water and two pills that I took them and then laid back down, Kenya and Khadijah left the room I wish they would of stayed with me though.

"Hello Ms. Carter, my name is Dr. Finch." He said as the nurse got doing what she was doing then she left the room.

"So I can leave right?" I said getting straight to the point I really didn't want be here than necessary. I wanted to go straight home, I'd face my family later on just right now I missed my bed, plus now I didn't need to go get my wrist checked out no more. Dr. Finch smiles at but I don't reciprocate, I just look at him patiently want for my answer. He clears his throat when he see I'm not smiling back at him, then look at his clipboard.

"Yes Ms. Cart-."

"Please call me Mitch I feel old when you say Mrs. Carter is my mother." Or so I thought, " please I insist, sorry for interrupting continue though."

The doctor cleared his throat and look then the paper, then looked at me. That look told me that nothing that was about to come out of his was good or I wasn't going to like it.

"Yes, you can be released Mitch later, but when you do just let you body rest that asthma attack put a lot stress on your lung so just take as slow, as you can. Because the next time an inhaler just won't do." He said and some other things that I just ended up no paying attention too. I didn't like nothing he told me, but what could I do?

______

"So you must really care about her?" Khadijah said out of the blue, as I was drinking my drink I almost choked but caught myself; looked at her like she was stupid for asking me that question.

"That's a dumb ass question." I said simply setting my drink down and continue to look at her like she was stupid.

"I don't know just trying make a conversation with you." She said shrugging her shoulders like it was the only thing she could do I rolled my eyes and started playing with my straw. It was silent but it wasn't all that silent considering we were in a hospital cafeteria.

"Yes I care about Mitch... But um let's not focus on that let's focus on when in the actual hell are you going to stop being a pussy and ask Jordan to marry you." I said raising my eyebrow Khadijah looked away from me smiling if she wasn't dark skin I know that she was blushing making me smirk.