Chapter 52: Is This the Ring

"Where are we going first? Kay's? Jared? What about Zale's?" I ask as we walk to Niall's jeep. "We could go to Tiffany and Co. I know they are on the more expensive side so I understand if you don't want to go there." 

Tiffany and Co has always been my dream.

 I won't tell Niall that though.

"What are you saying right now? Are those all jewelry stores? Tiffany and Co is the only place I recognized." Niall says as he helps me up into the jeep.

"How have you never heard of those places? They are big companies." I stare at Niall in shock. Niall smirks at my reaction and then walks around to his side of the car. Loudly I ask, "are you sure you don't want me to drive?"

"I can handle it." Niall focuses on starting his jeep and then looks at me. I try to ignore how dangerous it is to drive with one hand. "As for the jewelry store, I can only get the best for my girl. I saw that sparkle in your eyes when you mentioned Tiffany and Co. Now I will get you whatever you want, but I have one request. Can I please take you to the jewelry store I always thought I would buy my future wife's engagement ring from?"

The fact that Niall has thought about where he would go when he was younger makes me love him more. It is ridiculous how much of a planner he is, but it is so cute.

"You don't need to get me a ring from Tiffany and Co. They are so expensive," I plead with Niall. "You don't need to spend very much money."

"Ronnie, I don't know how to put this delicately." Niall pauses and then says, "I have a ton of money. It's disgusting how much I have. I donate over a million a year and that doesn't put a dent in how much money I have. I can buy you whatever ring you want. And at the risk of pissing you off I want to get you a ring so big that everyone knows you are taken."

I roll my eyes and say, "of course you do."

I can't say that I'm mad, because I'm not. I like knowing that Niall wants everyone to know that I'm his. I just don't want him to think that I approve of him being possessive. Its only cute and healthy to a certain degree. I don't need him and our relationship going downhill. I couldn't imagine Niall being possessive in a toxic way, but crazier things have happened. That's why I need to shut it down now. 

I stay quiet for rest of the drive. Niall becomes antsy and keeps a firm grip on my thigh. He squeezes every few seconds. By the time we reach the jewelry store Niall is about to combust. When he parks the jeep, he throws it in park and it makes the car jerk to a stop. Causing both of us to get jerked around as well. Not being able to hold a poker face I break out in laughter. 

"Ronnie, were you pretending to be mad?" Niall asks with uncertainty in his voice. I nod my head yes as I continue to laugh. "That's not funny! I had no idea you were faking. I got zero sleep last night. I can't handle your usual shenanigans."

"And who is to blame for the zero hours of sleep?" I arch one of my eyebrows and cross my arms. "I suggested us going to bed when we had decided that after ring shopping, we would go move my stuff to your place. That was after our third time celebrating the engagement."

"I have no apologies for keeping you up all night. You are lucky I let us leave the bedroom at all today." Niall's eyes hold an excitement that I only see in intimate moments and I don't mean just sexual moments. The first time I saw it was when we were camping and we were in our tent sharing our secrets. The most recent before today was when he proposed. It's a look he only gives me. "Shall we go ring shopping?"