Chapter 19: I Don't Do Camping

"So what are you doing this weekend?" I try to ask causally.

Niall has been constantly calling and texting me for two weeks and then the last couple of days have been radio silent. He has claimed that work has been busy, but I don't buy it. Jill has been freaking out for the both of us. I was kind of relieved.

I have been more than kind of relieved.

Something about lying to Niall has made me feel bad. Him not talking to me meant that I screwed up and Niall wasn't interested anymore. Well, that relief came crashing down when Niall showed up at my doorstep twenty minutes ago. He claimed that his afternoon suddenly cleared up and he wanted to spend time with me. I shouldn't be surprised. He has done this before, but that was when I was on my date with Zayn. I have done nothing of that kind since I was at the club two weeks ago.

Here we are. Sitting on my couch, just a little too close for my comfort. I sit on the far end of my couch with one of my legs up on the couch and slightly tucked behind my other leg. I'm just trying to put distance between Niall and I. Niall however sits close to me with his hand on my leg. Niall's fancy grey suit is getting wrinkled and I hope that bothers him.

Any girl would be swooning over the fact that the guy she is currently dating just showed up. I, however, see the bigger picture. He didn't talk to me for three days and then he just pops back up. I guarantee he was with another girl. I'm sure he has plans with another girl this weekend. Why else would he not want to spend his weekend with me like he has spent almost every weekend since we met?

"I'm going camping with my friends." Niall's answer shocks me.

"You are going camping in the middle of winter?" Nice try Horan.

"We actually fly to New Zealand and then do some camping. It's a lot of fun." Niall smirks at me, probably seeing my doubt.

"You have got to be joking." I shake my head in disbelief. "You fly to New Zealand to go camping? Why not wait until its summer?"

"Because this is more of an adventure." Niall leans in closer to me. "Ronnie, don't you ever take risks and go on adventures?"

Now, I can't really tell him that sitting this close to him is a risk and an adventure.

"Yes, but not anything that extravagant." I lean back a little, so my face isn't so close to Niall's.

"Its settled then." Niall pulls out his phone and starts typing away.

"What's settled, Niall?" I really don't want an answer to this question.

"You are coming with me." Niall answers as he looks up at me just to wink.

"Oh, um, I couldn't possibly." I nervously swallow. "I need to write and I don't have the money for a plane ticket."

I DON'T DO CAMPING. I AM A FREAKING CITY GIRL.

"You will love this. Have you been to New Zealand?" I shake my head no as Niall's smile gets bigger. "You are definitely coming."

"This really isn't a good idea." I feel my hands start to get sweaty.

"Don't worry, Ronnie. My mates and I are pros at camping." Niall scoots closer and brings his arm around me. He pulls me in closer to him. I fight the urge to die over his cologne. "This is going to be great. My mates always bring their girlfriends. Now I can bring you."

"Don't you have a different girl you want to bring? I can just be the girl you take to cheap restaurants." I won't go camping.

"Is this your way of asking if I am seeing other girls?" Niall smirks, clearly flattered at the idea of me being jealous.