Chapter 56: Adjusting and Compromising

Niall surprises me with dinner at Carson Kitchen. It's a small restaurant downtown. He rents out the rooftop and we enjoy our dinner. The food is all very American. Hamburgers, mac and cheese, and fried things. The food and the view is amazing. The hotel even brought our cake over. We do the traditional cake cutting and feeding cake to each other. I give Niall a death glare, warning him not to shove the cake in my face. I have never liked that and I'm happy when he places the cake in my mouth softly. A little frosting ends up on the corner of my mouth and Niall licks it off. Causing Louis and Greg to cheer, while Theo grimaces.

Niall is eager to get back to our room. At first I think we are going back to the suite with the others, but I'm once again surprised. Niall was able to get us the honeymoon suite. We spend most of our time by the pool or in our room. Niall hardly wears any clothes. If we aren't "making sweet sweet love" as Niall calls it, he is in his swimsuit or in a white robe with white slippers. He hardly wears his sling while on our honeymoon. There is one day where he is walking around the suite in his robe and slippers, but he also has black sunglasses on. He looks sexy, but also goofy. I make him take a picture for me.

I wish I could say that we see the others, but we scare them off with how much kissing and touching we do

I wish I could say that we see the others, but we scare them off with how much kissing and touching we do. We are newlyweds and that's what we are supposed to do. I can't help it that my husband is sexy.

Husband. I have a husband. That is still so freaky to me.

It might be freaky, but I have never been happier. I love Niall more than anything.

***
Two weeks later

Niall and I have fallen into a routine. I only work two days a week with him, usually Thursday and Friday. I will work the last Wednesday of the month for the employee newsletter. Niall, on the other hand, works a lot. More than he has since I have known him. He has also been extremely grumpy. The line of computers and software that they have been working on is going to be released soon. He is dealing with a lot, but it makes being newlyweds a little difficult. Niall is never home and the most time I get to be with him is when I'm at the office with him. Unfortunately that means Niall and I have done things in his office that I would have never dreamed of doing. Niall says that his office is now sound proof, but I don't know if I believe him. Can you sound proof an office? That doesn't sound like a real thing. While we do things in his office that we shouldn't, I stay quiet. I don't want to embarrass myself. Overall, it has been very lonely. I spend most days and evenings alone. Niall doesn't come home until eight at night.

This is our first weekend home as a married couple. Last weekend we had a tennis charity event. That lasted all weekend. We didn't get home until late Sunday afternoon. It didn't help that Bobby and Niall used this event as basically my coming out party. I have meetings and my own obligations I have to start attending to. I feel like I'm Emily Gilmore. People expect me to plan events and to go to events. I understand that these foundations donate to those who are struggling, but I hate it. At least I have this weekend to spend with Niall.