Chapter 40: What Even Is This?

Ronnie's POV

"Imagine my surprise when I walked into the office today and was told that my son was in Ireland." Bobby looks at me. "With his girlfriend."

"It wasn't my idea. Niall made me." I blurt out in hopes that Bobby won't blame me.

"Just like how he showed up in New York on a whim?" Bobby raises an eyebrow. "How is your sister doing by the way?"

I'm a little thrown off by this question. I didn't think anyone knew about my sister.

"She is doing a lot better, thanks for asking." For once I give Bobby a real smile.

"Boys, why didn't you tell your father you were coming here?" Maura glares at Greg and Niall.

"We come to Ireland all the time. It isn't that big of a deal." Greg shrugs his shoulders.

"I thought you would tell dad that I was coming." Niall says in a tone that makes it seem like he is accusing his mom of something.

"Niall, your father and I are so busy. We don't sit and discuss your every move." Maura says matter of factly.

"Bull shit," Niall whispers.

I am the only one that hears him. When he looks over at me I smile at him. Its obvious that Bobby controls Niall's life, well tries to control it. Niall is pretty good at dodging his dad and living his own life.

"Have they been this touchy the entire time?" Bobby asks as he grabs a plate and a fork.

"Yes and isn't it the cutest?" Denise's eyes light up.

"Glad I don't have to share a room with them." Bobby jokes as he walks over and sits down at the end of the table by Niall.

This is a Bobby I could get along with.

"Yeah, like mum is letting us share a room." Niall rolls his eyes.

"Niall wanted to go get hotel room so they wouldn't be disturbed." Greg laughs.

I'm starting to think that three Horan men are trouble when they are together. How does Maura put up with all of them? I can barely handle Niall's jokes. If I have to put up with all three of them I might die of embarrassment.

"Maura, let Niall and Ronnie stay in the same room. It isn't hurting anything," Bobby insists. "My mum isn't here so you don't need to impress her."

"We are raising three young girls who are not only listening to this conversation, but will think that it is okay." Maura tries to subtly glare at Bobby, but we all see it.

"Girls," Bobby turns his attention to the girls. "When you are twenty-six you can sleep in the same bed as your boyfriend."

"Ronnie is only twenty-two though," Riley says.

Maura gasps and I bury my head in my hands.

"Well, I guess twenty-two works." Bobby shrugs his shoulders and Maura picks up a roll and chucks it at Bobby. He catches it and smirks. "I'm kidding, love. Girls, no boys, ever, but Niall and Ronnie will be sharing a room."

"Bobby, it's really okay. We don't need to share a room." I don't want to cause problems.

"Don't worry about it, Ronnie. I know that's not all you and Niall really want." Bobby smirks.

"What do they really want?" Theo asks and my face turns red.

I turn my head and press it to Niall's shoulder. Niall starts laughing and his shoulders move up and down.