Chapter 16

The next day
Sofia's POV
I woke up from my sleep and I felt my eyes were puffy from the crying last night. Since I really don't feel like going to school, I wonder if mom and dad allowed. I went down stairs with my pajamas on and went searching for mom and dad. I walk to the living room, seeing them talking with a blue print on dad's hand. I knock on the door and then I went in.

"Sofia what's wrong with your eyes" Mom said as she stand from her seat while walking towards me.

"I am fine mom." I said in a calm voice. "I just wanted to ask whether can I not go to school today."

"Why?" Mom asked while looking at me.

"I am just too tired... And I don't feel like going to school today.." I said as I look down.

"Alright Sofia, you can stay in" Dad said as he came walking towards me.
"I'll send a letter to your school telling  them that you will not be attending today." Dad said as he patted my head with a smiled.

"Ok" I smiled weakly at him.

"I'll come and check on you later" mom said with a smiled as she walk out with dad together.

I went back to my room lying down on bed thinking again. Is it the end of me and Hugo? Will he called off the whole betrothed thing? I was so stress out I decided to visit Colston later. And then I have this feeling again... A feeling of regret and sadness. A knock came and interrupt me thinking on something.

"Sof?"

"Sofia ?"

Amber and James enter at the same time.

"Sof, Dad said your not going to school today are you sick?" James asked worriedly

"Sofia have you been crying all night?" Amber asked as she came sitting down looking at my eyes.

"N-no" I said.

"Sofia, we know that your lying alright" James said.

"Really I am fine." I said as I smiled at them.

"Well Sofia I don't belive you" Amber said as she get up "We will check on you once we get home."

"Bye" the twin said as the left my room.

And after that I just sat at my window seat looking outside. Baileywick came in with breakfast in his hand.

"Princess Sofia, here's your breakfast" he said as placed it on a tray.

"Thank you, Baileywick" I smiled. "Oh and Baileywick can you arrange a ride to Colston for me?"

"Of course, Princess Sofia." He bowed and went out.

I started eating my breakfast when Clover and the others came in.

"Heya princess-" Clover said and paused. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I said looking at him.

"Oh noooo which monster hurt you?!" Clover said as he doing the boxing action.

I laughed a bit at his action. "Don't worry clover" I said.

"Well care to tell Sofia?" Robin said.

I paused for a sec. They are my friends since I moved in to the castle. I trust them..

And then I decided to tell them what's going on. Why didn't I tell my family about this? Because I don't want them to worry.

" Oooo that daughter of a-" Clover said furiously with a boxing action again.

"Ok let's leave these behind." I said as we change the subject.

A few hours later, Violet came in.

"Hello Violet." I smiled at her.

"Good afternoon princess Sofia" she curtsie. "The coach to Colston is ready"

"Ok, I'll be there in a minute" I said.

She curtsie one more time and left the room.

"Well I got to go now" I told my furry friends.

"Bye, Sof !" Clover said waving his soft fluffy paw.

"Good luck!" Mia and Robin shouted.

I wave at them again and left to the coach. We took off straight to Colston. Once we arrive, I was greeted by King Garrick and Axel.

"Hello, Sofia" King Garrick welcome me warmly.

"Good afternoon your majesties" I curtsie.

"What brings you here Sofia?Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Axel asked. "Here to see Hugo?" Axel asked while chuckling.

"I didn't feel quite well in the morning but I am fine now" I said "Well yea kind of wanting to see him though." I said.

"Well come on in" King Garrick said.

I nodded and I followed them in. We walked into their leaving room as then we took a seat. King Garrick ordered one of his steward to search for a book I think. Once he's steward was here with a book. The steward bowed and left. King Garrick gesture me to sit beside him while Axel sat on the opposite.

"See Sofia this is Hugo when he was young" King Garrick pointed at the picture.

"Ohhh and this is him on the flying horse for the first time" King Garrick said while chuckling abit.

"The time where Hugo was kick off of his own horse?" Axel said while laughing.

We chatted for a long time until Hugo arrives home. I was hopping I can spend some alone time with him. We all faced to the door seeing Hugo walking in with a girl beside him. No...why is she everywhere?! Oh come onnn! I sat there in abit of shock while King Garrick and Axel was shock too.

"Good afternoon dad." Hugo greeted not knowing I was there.

"Good afternoon King Garrick, Prince Axel. " Khole greeted with a curtsie. While slinging her hand onto Hugo

When will I not see her popping out everywhere when Hugo is there?!

"Oh, Princess Sofia how nice to see you here again" Khole said giggling.

"Sofia?" Hugo said in shock. "I thought you were at Prince Miles place?"

"Why would you think I am there?" I asked. While tears starting foaming in my eyes,but I tried to hold it.

"Khole told me" Hugo said while looking down.

"Oh so I was wrong oops" Khole said while acting shock.

"So now you belive her more than me?" I asked with anger. "After why she had done to me?"

"Sofi-" Hugo tried calling me.

"I know I make a mistake going to his place for a hangout." I said tears dropping from my eyes. Axel was standing behind me hand on my shoulder. While King Garrick look at his son furiously.

"I was at his Palace not more then an hour." I said.

I wipe my tears off and said "I am sorry I should be going now". After I said I walked towards the door.

"Bye Sofia and sorry" Khole said in a dramatic tone.

"Sofia wait!" Hugo trying to stopped me. I didn't gave him a chance and I just went out waiting for my coach to arrive. I don't know what I am gonna do now... Khole keep popping everywhere.