Disaster

Lydia Jensen

Lydia Jensen

   I walk as quickly as possible away from the group until I'm out of sight and I break into a sprint

   I walk as quickly as possible away from the group until I'm out of sight and I break into a sprint. I ignore the incessant buzzing of my phone as I run. I'm not even sure where exactly I'm going but as long as it's far away from my so called friends, I'll be fine.

   Eventually, I slow down and pull my phone out of my back pocket. The screen lights up when I hold it up and I take a second to scroll through my many notifications. Three calls and seven text messages from Elena, five calls and two texts from Kayla, and several others from everyone else in the group. Suddenly, Ash's name appears across the screen but I press decline just as quickly and unlock my phone to open google maps.

   "Fuck." I growl under my breath when I see how far I am from the house, which isn't the only stop I plan on making.

   I go to open my uber app when a car pulls up beside me. I ignore it and keep walking but the car keeps pace with me and the back door opens, causing me to finally turn my head to look at the intruders. To my surprise it isn't my friends attempting to offer me a ride but an unfamiliar man standing a short distance away, sending me a sympathetic smile.

   He stands y'all with broad shoulders that are covered by a black leather jacket. I stop in my tracks and look at him weirdly. "Who the hell are you and why are you stalking me?" I ask and his mouth breaks out into a smile, causing his deep dimples to show themselves.

   I watch him cautiously as he takes his sunglasses off. His pale green eyes are piercing and intense, yet kind as he looks down at me. "My name is Isaac King and I have been looking forward to meeting you Lydia Jensen." He says with a smirk and my eyes narrow suspiciously.

   I ready myself to run but keep my feet planted in their spot. "How do you know my name?"

   "I know a lot about you Lydia. Like I said, I've been wanting to meet you for a while."

   "Why?" I ask, looking him up and down. I have to admit, he's easy on the eyes but something about him screams danger.

   With his inky black hair and dark stubble, brooding features and signature bad boy clothes it's easy to say his person is intimidating. Though despite all that, I have the feeling that I have nothing to be scared about. His expression is friendly and his body language is non threatening.