Freaky

Lydia Jensen

Lydia Jensen

     I wake up to a crushing weight on top of me but I can't bring myself to open my eyes

I wake up to a crushing weight on top of me but I can't bring myself to open my eyes. The weight, although heavy is warm and somewhat comforting. Instead of trying to figure it out, I snuggle closer and find myself starting to fall asleep again. That is until the weight twitches on top of me and my eyes snap open, memories of last night hitting me all at once.

I cringe at myself as I remember the blow poor Ethan took from me. I shift my head to look at his face since my chin was resting on the top of his head. His disheveled hair tickles my cheek as I admire his features. His lashes are long and thick, leaving shadows across his cheekbones from the soft light coming from the window he stumbled through last night. His full lips are tilted up in a small, satisfied smile which showcases one of his dimples. The other side of his face is squished up against me which gives him an overall childish look despite his manly bone structure.

A soft smile makes its way across my lips as I admire how cute he looks. I slowly pull my arm from his grip so I don't wake him up and reach for my phone on the bedside table. My eyes widen when I see what time it is. It's two thirty in the afternoon and I was supposed to hang out with Elena today. I scroll through my notifications and sigh in relief when I see her last text from earlier today.

Hey i have to do some things for my dad, see you tomorrow? -Elena

I respond as quickly as I can with one hand.

Sorry I slept in. See you tomorrow. -Lydia

Ethan lets out a groan before raising his head. Another groan leaves his lips and his head drops back down to lay on my chest. I look down at him and laugh at the pained expression on his face. The shaking calls his attention and one of his eyes pop open to look at me. Confusion is evident on his face as he looks up at me and at the purple pillows behind me. He raises his head again slowly to look around my room and I follow his gaze until it lands on the fallen bat beside the bed. Realization hits him and he cringes.

"Oh god." He grunts out before dropping his head to lay on me once again.

"You okay?" I ask, trying to hold my laughter in and he shakes his head as he raises his hand to cover his face.