Decisions, decisions

Finally diving into the mystery in this chapter...

Nixon Tyler

   We all stare at Lydia in shock, myself especially

   We all stare at Lydia in shock, myself especially. After everything that happened today of course this would add to the list of my- our problems. My eyes flick to Jericho for a split second and I immediately regret it. My anger grows visibly and I have to grip Ethans jacket to keep myself from blasting the bastard across the room. Ex boyfriend? I don't remember Lydia saying anything about an ex!

   I can feel Ethans anger as well so I grip him harder. We can't do this here. So many things could go wrong with Jericho and my father in town. I see Elena step forward out of my peripheral and slowly raise her hand to shake Jerichos.

   "Oh come on Elena. Don't you remember me well enough to give me a hug too? What's with the formalities?" He purrs with a smirk and I can practically feel the waves of anger rolling off of Elena. She must have hoped he'd pretend not to know us.

   I find myself wishing the same but we can't always get what we want. Elena steps away from him and moves to stand slightly behind Ash who looks at all of us in confusion. "What's up guys?" He asks and I share a look with poor Elena.

   We stand in awkward silence and Jericho bursts into laughter. "Don't be shy Nixon! Ah well I guess I'll just say it then. Nixon is my brother-"

   "Half." I grit out but he doesn't show offense, he continues on happily which irks me even more.

   "And I used to date Elena over there." At that Ash's excited expression fades and he shifts to hide Elena even more.

   Lydia steps back from him too and a look of discomfort twists her pretty features. "So.. we all know each other then..?"

   "Yup!" Jericho chirps and Lydias gaze shifts to me. A look of betrayal swirls in her eyes, obviously hurt by this revelation.

   "You never told me you had a brother." She says, her gaze then shifting to Elena.