Always catch you

Lydia Jensen

Lydia Jensen

   Today is the day of the ball and I'm completely behind getting ready for it. First, I got myself up way later than I should've. Then I forgot to take a shower because my first action was to get up and make a breakfast sandwich without even looking at my phone for the time and then I got into the shower.

By the time I had gotten out, it had been about thirty minutes because I'm one of those people that stands there for about ten minutes just letting the warm water soothe my tense back muscles. When I exit the bathroom, the steam flows out in my wake and I jump in surprise at seeing my brother standing by the door with his arms crossed. I let out a growl and pick up a near by shoe to throw at him. "You scared me asshole!"

   He slaps it out of the way and sends me a disappointed look. "Yeah? Well you're late." He tells me and my eyes widen.

   I run to my bedside to check the time and sure enough I woke up late and now I'm behind schedule. "Fuck! Elena is going to kill me!" I speed walk back to the bathroom to grab my hair products, only... I didn't make it that far due to the fact that on my way out, I left wet footprints.

   "Ooooh!!" Ash yells as my feet slip forward and I fall to my doom. "Lydie! Are you okay?" I squeeze my eyes shut.

   "I'm fine get off me." I slap at his hands.

   "Then why are your eyes shut?!"

   "Because you're touching my face!" I yell as he retracts his hands from examining my head and ears.

   "Sorry. I saw it in a movie before." He tells me, helping me up as I hold my towel tightly.

   "What movie? AVP?! Get out! I have to call the girls over to help me!" I scramble into the bathroom to plug in my hair dryer and call Elena.

   She answers on the second ring. "You slept in didn't you?" She asks unsurprisingly.

   "Yeah kinda." I whine. "Can you help-"

   I'm interrupted by a loud honking sound through the phone. "That was your fault asshole!" I pull my phone away from my ear, flinching at Elenas screams. "Like seriously dude! If someone has their blinker on you don't speed up to get in their way! You fucker-"

   "Elena! Don't flip dudes off on the highway in Texas! Jesus Christ! Road ragers have guns you know?!"

   "Is that Kayl-" I start but then pull the phone away from my ear again.