Salvation

Caroline Forbes anxiously paced between rooms in the Gilbert house, while Elena talked on the phone to her. Klaus had been watching her and listening to her conversation from the couch. Audrey was still asleep, her head laid in Klaus's lap peacefully. "Tell me you're not serious," Caroline said into the phone.

"I wish I weren't," Elena sighed. "When we got back from looking for Jeremy, Shane and Bonnie were gone too. Shane needs Bonnie to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure, and he managed to sneak them both from under our noses,"

"Well, where's Damon in all this?" Caroline questioned snarkily.

"We had an argument. I thought he was just taking a walk, but then when we went to the beach, we saw signs of a struggle," Elena explained.

"Meaning what?" Caroline asked obliviously, her eyes meeting Klaus's.

"Meaning someone probably jumped him and then grabbed him!" Elena exclaimed with worry.

"Do you think Shane took him?" Caroline wondered.

"No, I mean, he's not strong enough to take Damon on, even with the element of surprise. He must have someone, or at least a few someones helping him," Elena sighed into the phone. Caroline could tell she was a mess.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to help," Caroline said softly.

"Well, maybe there's something you can do from home," Elena said.

"Anything, tell me!" Caroline perked up immediately.

"So, Shane's looking for the cure. We think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, but we just can't translate the map," Elena trailed off hoping Caroline would understand.

"Unless you get the Hunter's Sword from Klaus," Caroline finished for her.

"Exactly," Elena sighed. "Audrey's the only one who can get it from him,"

"You're right. As soon as she wakes up I'll tell her," Caroline said. "Just send me the pictures and we'll get the sword,"

"Okay, thank you," Elena smiled before hanging up. Caroline turned to face Klaus and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Need my help with anything?" Klaus smirked.

"I know you overheard my conversation. Are you going to help us or do I need to tear your house apart to look for the sword?" Caroline sassed, crossing her arms over her chest defensively.

"While I do love Audrey, I absolutely loath her siblings," Klaus tsk'd, causing Caroline to huff dramatically.

"Are you serious right now?" Caroline challenged with sass.

"They shouldn't have killed my brother for their own personal gain," Klaus growled. Caroline rolled her eyes and groaned before stomping towards the door. "I'll give you a hint though. It's nowhere on the first floor," Klaus called out as Caroline walked out. As soon as the door closed, Audrey woke up. Her eyes fluttered open but as soon as everything came into vision, she shot up. She looked at Klaus, her eyes widening with panic.

"Klaus? Has anyone called yet? Have they found Jeremy and Bonnie?!" She asked worriedly. Klaus chuckled at her and nodded.

"Elena called a few minutes ago to talk to Caroline. She said they still haven't found them and now Damon is missing too," Klaus explained. Audrey's heart dropped to her stomach and hot tears welled up in her eyes. Within seconds she was a sobbing mess, she quickly covered her face with her hands as Klaus wrapped his arms around her. "Shh love, they're going to be fine," Klaus said soothingly, but it was no use. The flood gates were open.