Break On Through To the Other Side

"I'm so bored," Audrey whined as she sat down on the couch in Klaus's art room. Klaus snickered and continued to paint a portrait of his soulmate. "Why don't you just ask me to model for you?" Klaus could feel his cheeks heat up at the blunt question.

"I didn't think you'd want to," Klaus admitted embarrassed. Audrey giggled and stood up from the couch. She walked over to her soulmate and stood behind him to observe his work. He got every detail about her down to a T.

"You're so good, Klaus," Audrey gasped breathlessly.

"God, I can't wait to hear that in a different context," Klaus sighed faking seriousness. Audrey rolled her eyes and smacked the back of his head.

"Perv," Audrey muttered. Klaus just chuckled and continued to paint. "Let's do something tonight,"

Klaus immediately froze. "What did you have in mind?" He prayed it had something to do with her in his bed. Once that thought crossed his mind he mentally slapped himself. He really was a perv, but going with no sex for two months now had taken a toll on the hybrid as pitiful as that is.

"We could go to the Grill," Audrey suggested. "I bet I can kick your immortal ass at pool," Klaus smirked and turned to face her.

"You're pretty confident for a girl challenging an one thousand year old hybrid," Klaus teased playfully. Audrey cocked an eyebrow at him and leaned forward.

"Lets just say that you definitely shouldn't underestimate me," Audrey whispered seductively. Klaus swallowed and held back the urge to snatch her and ravish her. Audrey winked at her soulmate and pulled away from him.

"Fine, but let's make this more interesting," Klaus suggested. "If I win tonight, I get an encore of that little performance from the other night," Audrey's cheeks warmed at the mention of her spontaneous make out session with the hybrid.

"F-Fine, but if I win you have to do everything I say for a month," Audrey agreed, holding out her hand for him. Klaus smirked and took her hand into his.

"Deal," He said as he shook her hand. Just as she was about to pull her hand away, Klaus tugged her forward so she was crashing into his chest. "Good luck darling, you're gonna need it," He breathed against her neck. Audrey shivered but quickly composed herself and pushed him back. Without saying a word she exited the room to get ready for the evening. Klaus shook his head and laughed to himself, his soulmate was surely something else. He was putting his art supplies away when Elijah entered the room.

"I'm proud of you brother," Elijah chuckled. "For once in your life you're putting aside your pride for someone,"

"What are you going on about, Elijah?" Klaus sighed.

"You never do anything unless it benefits you. Granted, you bet a make out session but still, I've never seen you so happy or selfless before," Elijah encouraged. "Just don't do that thing you do when you self destruct and ruin everything," Klaus was speechless as his brother left the room. All that he said was true but it's not like Klaus wanted to admit it.

-

The moment Audrey stepped into the Grill she practically ran to Matt Donovan. The blonde football player smiled as his friend jumped into his arms, but that smile quickly dropped when he saw who she arrived with. He had heard about the whole soulmate deal but never really believed it, not until now. "Hey Aud," Matt chuckled, his eyes still glued on the hybrid making his way over to the bar. "What are you doing here?"

"I bet Klaus that I could kick his ass at pool," Audrey laughed as she pulled back. "Plus, I've missed my favorite hunk of a bartender,"

"I've missed you too, but I figured you'd be at the hospital today," Matt stated with confusion. "I mean I get you and Elena are fighting but it's Alaric we're talking about," Now it was Audrey's turn to be confused.