Tighten Up

Audrey was currently standing in front of April Young with Elena and Caroline trying to help the poor girl decide which dress to wear for the pageant. In all honesty though, Audrey wasn't paying attention to a word anyone was saying. She was lost in her thoughts, the anxiety from Jeremy becoming a hunter still raged a war inside her. She just had this strong feeling that Jeremy shouldn't continue the path he's going down.

"Audrey! Are you even listening?" Caroline glared at her friend.

"What?" Audrey asked snapping out of her daze.

"I guess that's your answer," Elena giggled.

"April should pick the blue dress to play it safe, right?" Caroline asked with a know it all look.

"I don't know. The blue is kind of boring, I like the red one," Audrey sighed.

"And that's why Audrey never won," Caroline commented not liking Audrey's answer. Audrey just rolled her eyes unbothered by her friend. She knew how Caroline could be. "Gracie Lockwood had a three-foot slit her year and practically got laughed off the court,"

"She got my vote," Damon replied as he stepped into the room. The moment Elena saw him her breath stopped, Audrey noticed this and smirked. Caroline sneered at him and threw a black object at his chest.

"Get out, lurker!" She yelled angrily.

"Ouch," Damon replied rubbing his chest sarcastically. "Where's professor Shane?"

"Check the judges table!" Caroline answered pushing him out of the room. She tried to close the door on him but he stopped it before she could shut it and pushed it back open.

"Red one, definitely," Damon said to April.

"We've already agreed that the red one is a little bit too showy," Caroline sassed crossing her arms over her chest.

"It's a pageant. That's the whole point," Damon smirked.

"Did you win Miss Mystic Falls last year? No didn't think so," Caroline huffed getting more and more annoyed.

"Neither did Elena and she wore blue," Damon answered glancing towards the eldest Gilbert.

"Nobody cares what you think," Caroline snapped wanting nothing more than to punch the smug Salvatore.

"I care," April chimed in raising her hand awkwardly.

"See April cares. Red, right Elena?" Damon questioned looking up at her. Elena stared at him looking almost flushed. She eyed April before saying.

"The red is pretty," She agreed. Caroline glared at her friend while Damon smirked.

"And my work here is done," Damon laughed walking out of the room.

"Uh, what happened to thirty seconds ago when you hated the red one? What happened to safe is good?" Caroline asked defensively. Elena gave her a glazed over look before shaking her head and looking back at April.

"Whichever you want to wear, April," She said before walking out of the room, following after Damon.

"What just happened?" Caroline asked Audrey who was just as confused as Caroline.

"Don't look at me because I have no idea," Audrey said with a shrug. Something was definitely up. Elena never let Damon sway her judgement, not without an argument of sorts. Could she really be liking him that much already? She just broke up with Stefan.