The Funeral

I'm so so sorry it took me forever to update! I've been super busy lately and I've barely had time to update anymore! Hopefully that will change soon.

Caroline was sleeping peacefully when her door creaked open. She didn't pay any mind to it and decided to sleep in longer. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Audrey screamed, jumping onto her best friend's bed. Caroline groaned and pulled the covers over her head.

"Go away," Caroline growled.

"Caroline Elizabeth Forbes! Today is your birthday and I'll be damned if we don't make it the most special day of all!" Audrey laughed, jumping on her friend. "Come on! I so did not make you breakfast for you to waste it!"

"Aud, I love you, but you do realize that I'm a vampire right?" Caroline stated, pulling covers off. "I don't age anymore,"

"So? Before that we had to make your birthday a holiday!" Audrey pointed out. "Remember last year, after my parents died. When it came time for your birthday you still made me and Elena celebrate it, we just didn't have to spend 100 dollars like everyone else,"

"Hey, that was a fair bargain!" Caroline laughed playfully. "I'll admit, I may have been a bad person back then,"

"Just a little," Audrey agreed. Caroline smirked and pushed her friend off of her bed. "Hey!" Audrey laughed as she landed on the floor. "Get your ass out of bed, Caroline!"

"No!" Caroline whined. Audrey jumped up from the floor and pulled the covers off of her friend. "Audrey!" Caroline cried sitting up. Audrey smirked and grabbed Caroline's arms before pulling her out of bed. Caroline whined the whole way to the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday!" Liz cheered when she saw her daughter step into the kitchen. Caroline blinked a few times from shock and smiled sadly at her mother.

"We have a stack of blueberry pancakes, drizzled in white chocolate. Liz's special french toast, and a nice hot mug of animal blood to top it off," Audrey laughed. The table had been set with everything she said. The pancakes even had candles in them, but Caroline just wasn't feeling it this year. She still put on a fake smile and sat down at the table with her best friend and mother.

"Thanks guys," Caroline smiled softly. "I love it," Audrey could tell something was off, but didn't ask about it as they ate breakfast. After a silent breakfast Caroline got dressed for school and walked outside with Audrey. Together they climbed into Caroline's car. "So, are you pissed at Elena?" Caroline asked as she drove Audrey to school.

"Her and Damon both. I mean who do they think they are?! Jeremy is my brother too and they didn't even ask me if I agreed with this," Audrey explained angrily. "My mom and dad always told me and Elena to take care of each other and Jeremy. I know she's doing this for him but it doesn't change the fact that I'm suppose to look after him too,"

"I totally get how you feel," Caroline smiled, thankful that they weren't talking about her birthday for once. "I'd react the same exact way!" Audrey nodded and looked out the window. Caroline sighed and grabbed her friend's hand. "So, are you pissed about the Jeremy thing or the Damon and Elena thing?"

"What Damon and Elena thing?" Audrey asked, confused.

"The Damon in love with Elena thing," Caroline answered.

"Oh," Audrey replied stiffly. Truthfully, she didn't care. In fact, she'd rather have Damon with her sister than Stefan, but she knew what Caroline meant. Audrey really did love Damon at one point. "Look, my sister has always been everyone's first choice. I've learned to deal with it, besides I'm completely over Damon," Caroline sighed again and squeezed her friend's hand. As they arrived at school, both girls saw Tyler Lockwood watching them. "I'm going to kill your boyfriend,"