Hold On

When Audrey woke up she was on a couch in a place that was unfamiliar. Elena was sitting beside her, biting her nails nervously. "Elena? Where are we?" Audrey asked as she sat up.

"Ah, hello Audrey," Pastor Young greeted. "Good to see you again,"

"What's going on?" Audrey asked him.

"Elena and I were just talking about how she used to want to be a writer. April still loves to write because of Elena," Pastor Young said casually.

"Why'd you bring us here?" Elena asked him.

"My deputies can watch out for us here. No vampires have been invited in. Look, girls, I know it sounds crazy, but years ago it was your parents who were advocating having an emergency plan like this. I never thought we'd have to actually use it," Pastor Young explained. Elena, hearing the soft ticking of a nearby clock, began to panic. Her senses were heightening. "Elena? Are you okay?"

"Where's Stefan?" Elena asked, ignoring his question.

"Where he can't hurt you. Either of you," Pastor Young turned back to the stove and began to cook something.

"He would never hurt us. You have no idea what you're talking about!" Elena argued.

"Well, I know wherever you go, Salvatore vampires seem to follow. You two hungry?" Pastor Young asked.

"No," Audrey muttered as Pastor Young pulled a tray from the fridge.

"So, we'll hold Stefan until Damon comes searching for you three. We'll use Rebekah to lure her siblings back into town. You'll give us the white oak stake and then we will exterminate the entire vampire race for good," He explained as he set a steak before the girls. Elena stared at it and began to breathe heavily. "Is something wrong Elena? Are you alright?" Audrey looked at her sister worriedly and saw that Elena was staring at the Pastor's neck.

"Yeah," She choked out. All of the sounds around her began to intensify and she was losing control. "No, I've got to get out of here!" She quickly stood up and ran out of the house. Audrey stood up too and began to follow her sister.

"Get them!" Pastor Young shouted from the porch. Elena was blinded by the sun and got distracted, leading an officer to hit her and knock her out.

"Elena!" Audrey screamed. One of the officers grabbed her and dragged her towards the house. "Elena!" The officer carrying Elena took her to the barn while the officer carrying Audrey brought her back to the house.

"What a shame. Your poor sister, a vampire," Pastor Young tsk'd. He looked at the other Gilbert and smiled. "Come, I'll show you our plan," Audrey was forced into a chair and held down.

"I won't help with whatever you're doing. Not when it involves killing my friends!" Audrey said angrily.

"Don't you see that vampires are evil?! Your aunt Jenna died by the hands of a vampire!" Pastor Young shouted trying to reason with her. "You almost died because of a vampire!"

"Would you kill April if she had somehow gotten turned?" Audrey questioned. "Would you kill your own daughter?" Pastor Young ignored her question and continued to cook his meal. "My best friend is a vampire and she doesn't drink from humans. She only drinks animal blood. Not all vampires are evil. Most can control their thirst,"

"Your parents would be so disappointed," Pastor Young growled shaking his head.

"My parents would still love us regardless of who we were!" Audrey said.