Epilogue

Song: I won't give up
~ Jason Mraz

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚✧˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

| E P I L O G U E |

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

Trevor Vásquez was no more

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

The colour returned, slowly. He tried opening his eyes, they didn't want to be opened. He tried and he tried and he tried and he finally opened his eyes.

White light rushed into his vision. He wanted to close his eyes again but he didn't. Something told him that if he did he wouldn't be able to open them again.

He felt a jolt of sensation as if he had lost it all in the first place. His fingers twitched. He opened his eyes completely and took in the surroundings.

He lay on his back, facing the ceiling. The air smelled of medicines and antiseptics. He used all my will to raise his hands. They had weird looking wires and tubes connected to them. There was a steady beeping in the background. That was when he realised where he was. He was in the hospital.

"Anyone?", His voice barely above a whisper. He tried again. This time it as a bit louder. He heard a clattering noise and a nurse's face peaked into his vision.

"Can you hear me?", she asked.

"Yes", he couldn't speak well. His voice came out hoarse.

The nurse retreated from my vision. The man heard a door opening and closing and after sometime an old man joined his line of sight. He looked like he was the doctor.

After some help, some questions and a whole lot of medicines, he looked around. He was now in a sitting position and could see the whole room.

A door opened and in came a man and a woman. His mom and dad.

The mother embraced him in a hug and kissed him all over my face. Her eyes shone in the light, her cheeks were wet. "My baby, my poor baby, you're alive." She cried, hugging her little boy tightly. His father sat next to him and ran his hand through his son's hair again and again.

"What happened?" The boy croaked out.

"D- didn't the doctor tell you?", she asked in a shaky voice.

"No, he just asked me a bunch of questions about what I remembered. I didn't remember anything."

The boy's father put a hand on his wife to calm her down. "Son, you... you have been in coma for two months."

"What? How? What happened?"

"You were in a car crash. After-"

"Don't!" Noel's mother stopped him. "You heard what the doctor said."

"What?"

"Nothing baby, i-it's just that if you don't remember we have to tell it to you slowly. The doctor said.... The doctor said that you have a heart condition. Giving you shocking news all of a sudden can be... fatal."

"Ok? Where is the diary? I couldn't find it."

"What diary baby?"

"You know the one with all our pictures. Me and Trevor. We made it together. He even came to help me", he said, looking up with a blush on his face as he played with the tubes sticking out of his hands.

The young man's mother stiffened at the mention of his name. She shared a look with her husband then turned to her child.

"You made a diary?"

"Yeah"

"nous n'avons jamais trouvé d'Journal dans l'appartement", she said to the kid's old man.

we never found any journals in the apartment.

"Are you sure about the diary honey?", she asked.

Noel nodded.

"Where is Trevor? He would know where it is. He said that he would keep it safe. That's probably why you didn't find it."

His mother tensed again. The fragile boy scrunched together his eyebrows.

"Where is Trevor?" She didn't reply.

"Maman, where is Trevor?"

"Baby, there is no easy way to say this but... he's dead. He died. You crashed while coming from his funeral and I-"

Her voice faded into the distance, all the boy could hear was the beeping of the heart monitor which kept increasing in pace. He felt a sharp pain on his left shoulder, but didn't resist anything.
He could feel hands grappling him from all sides. Incorrigible words being spoken to him but he could think of only one thing.

Trevor Vásquez was no more.

Memories flashed in front of his eyes, from when he was a kid and went to Paris with his parents to the kind old man who was their neighbour, but every single time it would come back to one single person. Trevor.

"I will kill you."

"And I would die in your arms. Then you would look at what you have done and you would cry and kill yourself too."

I hit his arm. "How many times have I told you to not joke about death like that?"

"A lot"

"And why do you do it?"

" 'cause you tell me not to"

Trevor Vásquez was dead.

"You're not dying anytime soon, I won't let you go that easily. I'm here to stick around for a while. You never know when life throws foreshadowing at you."

"No one's foreshadowing anything. It's the truth, we're all going to die someday. I like to think of death as a beautiful thing.

Trevor Vásquez was gone.

"So you want to dance amongst the stars huh?"

"Yeah"

"I promise you. Once we leave the Earth we will go up there together and we will sail through the sea of stars, just you and me. We will dance and sing and do everything together and I will be there by your side, every second for the whole of eternity."

"This is why I love you."

Trevor Vásquez was waiting. He was waiting for his lover amongst the stars and Noel was going to go to him so that they could dance, sing and sail through the sea of stars. They would be together again. They would be together for the whole of eternity.

I'm coming.

I'll be waiting. He thought he heard his voice.

Real or not, he didn't care. He was going to him and that was all that mattered.

The last thing he heard was the beeping change into a steady hum and everything faded away, never to return.

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚✧˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

🏳️‍🌈The End🏳️‍🌈

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤