Peacock's call

Song: Best Part
~Daniel Ceasar ft. H.E.R

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚✧˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

| P E A C O C K' S C A L L |

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

Trevor Vásquez was an elegant man

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

It had been a month since Trevor had come out to his parents and a week since he had joined the university under the bachelor of arts course. Yes, I had finally convinced him and they had taken him in without a shred of doubt, that was how good his art was.

It was also one month to his twentieth birthday, so I decided that he needed to upgrade his closet, now that he had come out of it. This was going to be my birthday gift for him.

I was in my car, outside his house. I had my shades on because of the sun and i was wearing a light blue shirt paired with black jeans and converse high tops.

Trevor walked out wearing his classic tank top, paired with black jeans, shoes and a bandana the same colour as the top which was currently a baby pink.

He put on his shades, tucked his hands in his pocket and walked towards me. He opened the door and slid in.

He leant in to kiss me on the cheek. "Sup babe", he said, rolling down the window. He took out a cigarette and brought it to his lip but i was having none of this. I pulled the stick away and glared at him.

"But baby I haven't smoked in so long because of you. I think I deserve it", he said, trying to snatch it from me.

"No. We have talked about this. I want you to stick around with me for a long time with properly functioning lungs so that I can kiss you"

"But-" "if you smoke again i will NOT kiss you." "Fine"

He crossed his arms and slid down in his seat. He was such a big baby. I started driving.

"Where are we going?"

"Shopping, you can't always be wearing tank tops. I will disown you."

"You know you won't", he smirked looking at me and I couldn't hide my blush which he clearly caught. "I thought so, I'm too charming for you", he said, flicking his curls like a dainty princess. I rolled my eyes. "I would never leave you my princess", I said, pulling his cheeks. "Princess? I'm a knight. Sir Trevor Vásquez." I laughed.

We reached the shopping centre and I dragged him through various shops and made him try and buy new outfits even if he protested. I was spoiling my princess and he would never admit it but I knew he liked being spoiled.

After hours of shopping we walked out holding bags in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. We had put away our sunglasses because it was no longer sunny, rather the sky was covered with clouds, it looked like it was about to rain.

We got to the car, put away our bags and drove to my apartment, where he would be moving in, in a few weeks.

As soon as we reached there it started drizzling. I ushered him to quickly get the bags inside, before it started pouring.

He had different ideas. He always had different ideas and somehow I liked him for it.

While I stood in the shade with the bags, he stood there in the rain as tiny droplets fell on his face, his arms spread wide. I looked through my bag for my camera.

Snap!

He looked too beautiful and innocent to not take a picture. I tucked away my camera and just sat there looking at him and smiling.After some time, I told him that I would be back and went to put in all the bags.

By the time I had returned, it had started raining cats and dogs. Trevor however seemed unmoved, he just stood there in the rain.

"Trevor, you're going to get sick! Get back in here!"

"Shut up mom!", he said and approached me. Instead of coming in, he pulled me out with him.

"Trev, what are you-"

"Shhhh... Let loose a little bit, ok?", he said, placing his index finger under my chin and lifting it up. I was so close to his face, I just wanted to smother him, he was so pretty.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and tucked his face into my neck which sent shivers down my spine. We stood there for some time, letting the water from the sky wash away all worries. I hugged him back, wrapping my arms around his neck, eyes closed. The only thing I knew in that moment was that...

I was utterly and inordinately in love with Trevor Vásquez

And nothing could change that, not even the rain seeping through my clothes.

He removed his head from my neck and looked at me, an innocent smile playing on his face. He then stepped back and bowed down, offering me his hand, "may I have this dance"

I placed my hand on his and he pulled me close. He put his arms on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders as we swayed to imaginary music. I was smiling and blushing like crazy, so I dug my head into his chest and let him control my body.

"You, Trevor Vásquez will be the death of me", I mumbled and I heard him chuckle at that. I looked up at him.

Blink!

The image made its way into my long term memory. I had no regrets whatsoever

We kissed in the rain and then burst out laughing. We danced around, jumping here and there like complete idiots. "My my Mr. Vásquez, what an incredibly elegant dancer you are"

"Oh stop, I'm your princess remember? I was born elegant", he said, flicking his hand. We laughed, again.

After a while he started making weird cooing noises. "What are you doing?", I asked

"It's a peacock's call", he continued doing it

"Strange, it isn't working"

"That's probably because there aren't any peacocks around to hear it or you're just terrible at it Mr. Vásquez."

"Sometimes I wonder if you're talking about me or you", he smirked.

Smooth

I couldn't stop the blush on my face which just made him laugh. He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug.

"I love you my sweet Noel", he said in his raspy voice.

"I love you too."

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

I pasted the picture on the page. The picture of Trevor in the rain. My own words echoed through my brain.

"My my Mr. Vásquez, what an incredibly elegant dancer you are"

He indeed was. I would know. After all the times we had danced in the rain I could confidently say that he was an elegant dancer.

I looked at the picture. It reminded me of how he looked with his hair stuck to his forehead, how he looked hot in the leather jacket I had bought him that day, how he had stayed over for the whole week after the rain dance because I was sick, how he wa the best boyfriend I could have ever asked for.

I closed the diary and my eyes, falling back into the memories of that day.

🌧️