Dancing amongst the stars

Song: Moonlight
~ Ariana Grande

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚✧˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

| D A N C I N G A M O N G S T T H E S T A R S |

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

Trevor Vásquez was a Dreamer

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

We had been dating for four months now and it was Trevor's birthday the next day. I was excited.

We were driving to a place from where we could see the meteor showers. The photographs would be so beautiful. I had also prepared other stuff so that we could spend some time together, under the canopy of stars.

"So, are you going to tell me where we are going?"

"Nope"

We drove in silence.

Once we reached the place. I got out and opened the door for him. He stepped out wearing a white shirt, black jeans and the leather jacket I bought him. He was still wearing the bandana, it was black. He looked hot. Hot enough for me to melt just by looking at him, that means pretty hot.

"So why are we here?"

"Oh! The meteor showers are going to happen and I thought that I needed to take pictures anyway and it was your birthday so...." I continued my rant and he just listened, leaning against the car.

"Babe you're gonna blow up if you don't calm down", he said after a while, stopping my rant. I smiled at him

We took out the stuff from the car and put it out. The blankets, the food, the tripod and of course the camera. I was about to put the blankets on the ground when Trevor opened the door of the car, climbed onto the seat and snatched the blankets from me. He spread them out on the roof of the car and jumped up, offering me a hand.

I took it and climbed up. It looked scary but Trevor hugged me tight. He was sitting behind me. I was between his legs and he rested his chin in the crook of my neck.

"Guess what?", he said. I hummed in reply. "I am finally going to be twenty, then I'll finally be as old as you."

I laughed at this. "You know I will be older than you after five months right?"

"Yeah, but I'll enjoy it while I can."

"You're adorable"

"No, you're adorable, I am the hot one between us"

"Shut up"

"You know it's true", he kissed my cheek.

We talked for a while and then shifted positions. We lay on our backs on top of the car looking up at the stars.

"You know, I used to think that once I die, I would run around amongst the stars and cause all sorts of trouble", he said and then turned to me, "but ever since I met you, I believe I can't do that. I feel like we will be there together, playing around, dancing amongst the stars." He traced my jaw with his finger, laying on his side, his head propped up on his hand.

"Don't", I said, putting a finger on his lips. "You're not dying anytime soon, I won't let you go that easily. I'm here to stick around for a while. You never know when life throws foreshadowing at you."

"No one's foreshadowing anything. It's the truth, we're all going to die someday. I like to think of death as a beautiful thing. Think about it this way. Life nurtures so many wonderful gifts and with time hands them over to death who keeps them forever. Kinda like you and me, don't you think?"

I smiled. "So you want to dance amongst the stars huh?"

"Yeah"

"I promise you. Once we leave the Earth we will go up there together and we will sail through the sea of stars, just you and me. We will dance and sing and do everything together and I will be there by your side, every second for the whole of eternity."

"This is why I love you."

Blink!

This dreamy face was now going to stay in my memories for an eternity.

"The meteor shower is about to start. I'll setup the camera and tripod."

I got up and started setting up. Once the set up was over, we waited.

A streak of light crossed the sky. Soon, more followed. I took so many pictures. Trevor pulled me away from the camera and set it on a timer. He then pulled into the frame of the camera, I didn't have time to react.
As soon as the camera was about to go off, he pulled me close and kissed me.

Snap!

The camera took the picture. The silhouettes of two boys kissing with a meteor shower in the background.

I melted into the kiss. We pulled back and I looked into his eyes. "It's past 12, happy birthday Trevor."

"Thank you."

And we kissed again.

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

It was one of my favourite photos of all time. The two of us kissing, while the sky grew ablaze with millions of colours, but we didn't care. All we knew in that moment was each other.

It reminded me of his face when he was in deep thought, thinking about life, death, existence, eternity and dancing amongst the stars. Such vast topics in such a small human brain.

Trevor Vasquez was a dreamer

He taught me to believe and to love.

I closed the diary with the picture stuck in it, drifting into a world where we danced amongst the stars.

💫🌟🌠✨