Prologue

Song: Talk me down
~ Troye Sivan

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚✧˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

| P R O L O G U E |

•˚。・*.˚✧˚.*・。˚•

Trevor Vásquez was a beautiful young man. Yes, beautiful was the word to describe him. He was the epitome of charm and charisma. He was a friend of all. He was.

The young man lay in the wooden coffin, eyes closed and skin glowing in the sun. He was covered in white. His long brown curls rested on his forehead popping through the white bandana tied on his forehead.

Although he had been told not to, Noel had insisted on tying the bandana. He would have wanted it, was all he had to say.

On the front seat sat a man with a fragile frame. His straight black hair covered his eyes as his head hung low. He wore a black suit that was slightly lose on him. In his hands he held a bouquet of white lilies that seemed to have gathered some moisture.

It wasn't dew. No it was something else, something that held pain, love and sorrow, something that came from the heart.

Another droplet fell onto the petals and slid down in a slow, agonizing trail. They fell steadily and gently as if trying to embrace the petals without hurting them.

The man found the courage to look up at the body of the boy in the coffin. His eyes were red from crying, a thin glistening film forming over them.

He was too young to die.

Trevor Vásquez had died at the age of 21, leaving behind all the people who loved him in their miserable state. His death had not only affected his family but also the people who rarely talked to him. Such was the power of his love, that he sprinkled mercilessly over anyone who came by.

Many had moped over his loss but the dark haired man had been affected the most. He had cried for days, reading and rereading his last letter. He never let the letter out of sight, in fact the folded piece of paper still rested in the man's suit pocket.

He took out the creased paper and carefully opened it up, reading the letter for the umpteenth time.

~•~

Dear Noel,
By the time you will receive this letter, I would already be far away.

I'm sorry you have to see me in such a state. I don't want you to get hurt that's why I had to do this. You have to understand baby, I did this for your own safety.

Some terrible people who I was on bad terms with were going to hurt you to get to me. I couldn't let that happen. Not to you my baby. Trust me I tried to find a different way, but this was the only way to protect you, I'm sorry.

Baby don't be mad at me. Just know that I love you and I will protect you no matter how far. I will always be there for you.

I know you're hurt but it will heal. You will be lucky enough to live your life the way you wanted to. Clicking pictures and traveling. Go get yourself a wonderful man to spend the rest of your life with.

I have one last request. Make that diary you said you would make. The one that would store all our memories and don't think I have gone for good, talk to me through the stars. I'll wave back every night, I promise.

I love you Noel. I love you so much you might not even be able to handle all my love. Promise me you will carry on with life being the cheerful person you are. Promise me you will move on but keep me in your heart.

I love you baby. I'm sorry.

Trevor❤️
xoxo

~•~

Noel cried all over again. His body shook as his tears fell on the letter.

The ceremony came to an end. He couldn't stay here any longer. He rubbed his eyes with his sleeve trying to remove any tears but new ones replaced them everytime.

The 22 year old walked to his car and sat there, resting his hands and head on the wheel. He took out the letter and read it again. He hoped it wouldn't hurt this much, but everytime he read the letter, it gave him a stinging sensation in his gut as he realised that he had lost the love of his life and then he would cry again.

The man started driving his car, heading home, to the apartment they had shared, the one with so many memories.

He tried to focus on the road, Noel Beaulieu could not think about anything other than the man with the brown locks and brown eyes.

His vision was now blurry, he couldn't see clearly so he decided to stop at the side of the road. What he didn't realize was that he was a few seconds too late to come to this decision.

Just as he swerved the car to the side, he was blinded by a red light, the only thing he could see through the tears.

He heard the skiding of tyres and then the car toppled to its side. The red lights dissolved into darkness and that was the last thing he saw.