Makarov ushered everyone inside, and the guild immediately took their usual places. Laughter erupted from the group, which made Emi smile to herself. So this is where Laxus was? Totally not his style. Emi laughed at herself and walked over to the bar to get a drink.

"Do you have any apple juice, Mira?"

"That's an unusual request. I think we might have some though. Ah, yes. Here you go!"

Emi started to drink her juice when she noticed Mira looking at her with a smirk. Emi stared back at Mira for a minute before asking her if something was wrong.

"Oh no, I'm just taking in the sight of a woman who could settle Laxus down."

Settle him down? Emi giggled.

"I don't really think there's any way to settle Laxus down."

"Oh?"

"He can't stay in one place for too long, and he's always going on jobs. He prefers to travel and he becomes irritated if we stay in the house for an extended period of time. We usually go around to neighboring towns once in a while to get out."

Erza appeared before stating,"Well you seem to have done a pretty decent job of it. We obviously never could."

Emi looked back to Mira and Erza before looking across the guild to take in everything happening. A small frown came to her face as she looked back down to her drink.

"Laxus...I know he didn't mean to. He can be irritable and moody, but he's really a great person. He's kind and cares deeply for those that he holds dear. I know that you all saw him as a harsh person and a jerk, but he has been the complete opposite since I've known him."

Mira and Erza looked to each other and nodded.

"Emi," Erza started, "how is the dynamic between you two? If I'm correct, you aren't a mage."

Emi looked down in defeat. Mira, sensing her discomfort, glared at Erza before rewording her otherwise blunt question.

"What she meant to ask was how do you manage to intimidate someone with such powerful magic? By what we saw last night, you seem to do really well!"

Emi slowly looked back up towards the pair before saying, "Laxus is always saving me from trouble. Even the first day we met, he saved me from trouble. I know that I'm not a powerful wizard like he is. Hell, I'm not a wizard at all. I just try to do the best I can to help in any way I possibly can. As for keeping him in line, I know that he would never use his magic to harm me, as he knows that I don't have any magic of my own. I trust him to not hurt me, so I am able to speak up to him."

Erza and Mira nodded in approval.

"I just wish...I could remember."

"Huh?"

Emi looked back towards her drink once more. She swirled the juice in the glass before setting it down.

"If I could just remember something then I might not be as much of a burden. He's spending all his time trying to get me to remember, and I can't! I know he says he doesn't mind, but I feel horrible dragging him through this. He should be out exploring the world and instead he's trapped in a house with someone who can't even remember what her own last name is."

Just then, a loud rumble could be heard in the distance. Emi immediately sat up straight and her eyes darted towards the door. She ran out the doors and looked up to the sky.

"Wow," Mira started, "it didn't take Laxus long to find us."

Emi made her way back to the bar. She spoke very seriously.