1 - Escape from Azkaban

Start from the beginning

"Harry! (y/n)!" Hearing Ron's reaction she turned around to see you and Harry standing on the stairs watching the two like an old married couple. Hermonie forgot what she and Ron were talking about as she sprinted towards you and pulled you into a hug. "I missed you too Mione." You said as the two of you now made your way to the large table in the middle of the room.

Much like Harry, you had bonded well with Hermione and she became more of a little sister to you. Although you liked to joke around with the twins you were very much similar to Hermione when it came to classes. You wanted to do well and not even the twins and their jokes would stop you from doing that.

"Ron where are your brothers? You didn't leave them in Egypt did you?" You asked as him and Harry joined you both at the table.

"Calm down (y/n) it's like you're in love with them!" Ron laughed.

"Oh how funny." You remarked back to the boy as you listened to his stories about Egypt but two voices stopped Ron altogether.

"Not flashing that clipping about again are you Ron?" George asked as him and Fred walked towards you.

"I haven't shown anyone!"

"No not a soul. Unless you count Tom. The day maid. The night maid. The cook. The bloke that came to fix the toilet. And that Wizard from Belgium." Fred responded as he locked eyes with you.

"(y/n)!" He called out as both him and George came striding over to you and pulled you into a bone-crushing hug. The two of them had changed over the summer, both had grown a lot taller and their hair had grown. Their features were now more refined; you'd even go as far as to say they both looked rather handsome. "I missed you." Fred whispered into your ear as he pulled away from the hug.

"I missed you both too even if you are a nightmare to handle." You smiled at the two boys as you moved to sit back down.

"You wouldn't have us any other way." George remarked.

"Oh (y/n) dear!" You looked up to see Mrs Weasley come running towards you with open arms.

"Hello Molly." The two of you gave each other a quick hug. You could go as far as saying Molly was your second mum, she always had you over for summer since you'd become friends with the twins but unfortunately, this summer was different and you missed the whole Weasley family greatly. You even missed hearing Percy's bossy voice in the morning. "Mum sends her love."

"Oh thank you dear, now do you have everything you need?"

"Yes not to worry I went to get it a couple of days ago." You smiled gratefully at the woman as you sat in between the twins.

"Hello (y/n)." Percy called out from behind you.

"Hello head boy!" You called back to him as he rolled his eyes at your comment.

"We tried to leave him there trust me but unfortunately mum and dad love him." George spoke.

"Well, maybe that's because he's doing well at Hogwarts and because he's head boy unlike some." You smirked at the twins. George ignored you and looked at the clipping whilst Fred gasped at you.

"Well I don't see you as a head girl." He challenged as he smirked.

"That's because I do well in lessons." You shot back.

"Hey so do I!"

"Just." You turned your focus back onto the clipping before Fred spoke up again.

"George's nose looks positively massive in that photograph."

"That's your nose, Fred." Ginny shot back causing you to laugh.

"Bloody hell. 'Tis, isn't it? Take after your side of the family, don't I, Mum?"

"Fred!" You playfully hit the boy.

"We should have left you in Egypt." Molly spoke as she turned to sit down.

"I'm surprised you haven't hexed him yet."

"I've been tempted." She responded with a smile on her face.

"Oi!!" Fred yelled at you both.

"Have you seen this?" Hermione placed a copy of The Daily Prophet in the middle of the table. There staring back at you was your adopted father Sirius Black but instead of seeing his kind face, you saw pain and madness in his eyes which caused your smile to fade. Fear flooded your veins at the man before you. Your breathing grew heavy at the screaming photo which everyone seemed to notice.

"(y/n)?" Fred placed his hand on your shoulder yet you still stared at the photo of Sirius. "Get it away from her!" Fred spoke sternly again as he threw the paper away from you.

"Are you okay?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah, just a little shaken up." You gave her a small yet unconvincing smile.

Mr Weasley noticed your reaction and beckoned you to talk with him. You left the table and stood behind the brick column. "Do you think he'd come to find me?" You asked as tears started to well up in your eyes.

"It wouldn't surprise me." Arthur looked at you as he saw tears threatening to fall from your eyes. "Oh (y/n) don't panic please." He took out a handkerchief from his pocket so you could wipe your tears before he spoke again. "There are some within the Ministry who would strongly discourage me from divulging what I'm about to tell you, I told Harry the same."

"Do they know?" You interrupted.

"Know what?"

"That he's my dad, well my adopted dad. Please by Merlin's beard don't tell Fred or George. They'll hate me."

"Those boys could never hate you. In fact, I'm certain they love you more than the rest of us." He smiled at you reassuring you slightly. "They also have no knowledge about your father and I plan to keep it that way until you want to tell them."

"Thank you." You smiled at him.

"In Black's mind, only Harry stands in the way of... You-Know-Who returning to power. That's why he's broken." He stopped as a barmaid passed you both before continuing. "That's why he's broken out of Azkaban. To find Harry and kill him." You nodded at his words understanding what he meant.

When you grew older Dumbledore had asked you into his office and told you about what had happened. One of the first memories you ever had was hearing Sirius laughing at you as you tried to walk over to him for the first time, you could never imagine that man harming anyone. He cared for James and Lily so much and loved you like his own, so why would he throw that all away?

You nodded at Arthur and you walked back to the table to sit next to the twins again. "What was that all about?" George inquired.

"Oh he was just calming me down, there's nothing to worry about." George nodded and he brushed it off and joined Molly's conversation about Egypt.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Fred leaned down and whispered into your ear.

"Freddie I'm fine honestly." You turned your head looking into his deep forest brown eyes as you smiled at him trying to reassure him.

"You know you can tell me anything right."

"Thank you Fred." You sent him one last smile as you tried to lose yourself in the conversation about their holiday but you couldn't stop thinking about Sirius.