Chapter 21

Back at Prince House the following morning, Severus washed up and called for Neder. When the elf arrived Severus handed him a note, "Neder, please take this message to Miss Primrose at the Primrose Estate,"

'Daphne,

How was your night? All is well?

Severus'

A knock on the front door gave Severus a start. Enough of a start to ready his wand. Neder announced, "Minister Shacklebolt and Mister Harry Potter to see Sir." 

A second later Neder vanished with a 'pop'. Harry wasted no time, "Sir, we have news of some Death-Eaters in the area. We are sure these are the missing men we have been hunting." 

Kingsley interrupted, "Severus, you must be vigilant. We have word these men are seeking revenge against any so-called 'blood traitors' and against you in particular." 

Severus informed the two men of the happenings last night and asked that aurors be placed to protect the Primroses. He also suggested the Muggle authorities be notified as Sir Aurelius and Dame Brigitte are prominent British citizens. 

The two officials agreed. As they were leaving Harry turned and said sincerely, "Watch yourself, Sir." 

Severus nodded and smiled, "Thanks, Harry."

Neder returned, "The Primroses are well, Sir. They said Miss Primrose used the floo to return to her own flat last night against their wishes." 

Severus exploded, "What?!?! Why would she- What the bloody Hell!" 

Severus apparated to Daphne's flat. He knocked on the door. "Come on, Daphne, open the door," he muttered anxiously to himself. A minute or two passed with no answer. 

"Alohamora", Severus said softly against the door. He heard the bolt unlock. Severus drew his wand, pushed open the door and stepped into the modern spacious apartment. Searching he found no signs of a struggle. Unfortunately, he also found no sign of Daphne. 

'Surely she wouldn't have tried to go to her office,' he thought. Locking and warding her door he disapparated. 

Primrose, Primrose & Paine looked undisturbed on the outside. Severus noticed Harry Potter lurking across the street talking on a Muggle mobile phone. He then noticed a few other nondescript men standing about trying to look inconspicuous. He made them as aurors and possibly city detectives. 'A gumshoe is a gumshoe. Spot 'em a mile away', Severus thought to himself. They were definitely not Death-Eaters. Severus could spot them too. He could sense Dark Magic. A skill he honed in his days as a spy. He walked up the steps and entered the building. The quiet was disconcerting. Then he saw her. 

She must have been the receptionist or a secretary. She was lying on the floor behind a large desk. He checked for a pulse. 'Good', she was still alive. Severus ran to the door, "Harry, come quickly!" 

Several men rushed through the door. "She's just stunned. I have to find Daphne," Severus explained. 

As the other officers spread out to search, Harry revived the stricken woman, "Can you tell us what happened, Miss?" Harry asked gently. 

The woman was afraid, "Miss Primrose and I had just opened the front door. Three men were waiting inside. I don't remember anything after that. Miss Primrose, is she alright?"

One of the aurors handed Harry a note he had found in another room on a desk. After reading it Harry called to Severus, "They have her." Severus jerked the paper from Harry, reading,

'Snape

We got your girlfriend. 

Meet us at the graveyard 8 sharp. No tricks. Come alone.'

"Which graveyard? We can cordon off the area, set up positions surrounding it and ambush them the minute they get there," Harry suggested. 

Severus was quiet for a few seconds then crumpling the note in his hand, "I have to go alone. They'll have it staked out. They'll know if anyone else shows up. They will kill her...or worse." 

Harry put his hand on Severus' shoulder, "Sir...Severus, let me help." 

Severus half smiled, "Once a Gryffindor, always a Gryffindor."