Chapter 15

Daphne arrived at Prince House precisely at 8. 

"Lovely," Severus' velvet baritone greeted her. 

Daphne was wearing a black satin overcoat that fastened just below her bustline with a single large satin button. Flashes of the bright red dress flared coquettishly from beneath. 

"Thank you and you're looking very handsome tonight, Severus," Daphne tried to maintain some control of her 29 year old self as her mind screamed, 'Ohmigod, he is bloody gorgeous!

Severus bowed reservedly accepting the compliment then offered his arm, "Shall we?" Daphne wrapped her arm around his and the couple disapparated.

The lights of Paris shown brightly as Severus and Daphne sat at their table overlooking the Seine. "Paris, Severus, how romantic," Daphne sighed. 

Severus was pleased, "I'm glad you think so." 

Daphne admitted, "Did you know I attended Beauxbatons? But this is my first time in Paris, funnily enough." 

Severus smiled, "I am honoured to be the one to accompany you here tonight." Then Severus added, "There is one bit of business, if you don't mind, before dinner." 

Daphne nodded, "Of course, what is it?" 

Severus explained, "As you know there is a Prince property here in France, a vineyard. It has been left unchecked for a few years now since my grandfather died. Are your plans flexible for this weekend?" 

Daphne felt a thrill run through her, "Yes, certainly. I had no plans except to go over some paperwork to fill the time." 

Severus could feel that tiny surge of magic crackle between them again, "Splendid. We will travel there after dinner and can begin assessments first thing in the morning." Severus raised his champagne glass as Daphne did the same. Their glasses touched as their eyes met.

La Tour d'Argent was one of Paris' finest restaurants with a long and storied history. It boasted some of the best dining views of the Seine and Cathédrale Notre Dame. The couple feasted on Lobster Thermidor and caviar. 

Severus pointed out the sparkling wine was  from Chateau lePrince, "Neder told me the Prince winery has supplied this restaurant for almost a century." 

Daphne noted, "If this is an example of your wines it is clear to see why they are so highly touted." Severus smiled. 

They talked about everything and nothing at all.  After dinner, they strolled along the banks of the river, the city lights twinkling on the water. They delighted in the sights and sounds of a Friday evening as Paris spun her charms around them. As the clock on Notre Dame tower neared midnight Severus took Daphne in his arms, "Are you ready to go?" 

Daphne let her arms fall around Severus' neck, "Very ready."

Apparating in front of Chateau lePrince the couple were still in each other's embrace. The huge door opened as Neder stood smiling. They followed a delighted Neder up the grand staircase noticing nothing but one another. Neder escorted them to the large master suite before vanishing with a soft 'pop'. Severus and Daphne finally kissed. 

Severus slid Daphne's coat off, "You are absolutely stunning tonight. Red becomes you." 

Daphne licked his lower lip, "Thank you, dinner and Paris were wonderful." 

Severus had plenty of sex in his time. Casual pick-ups and prostitutes, women who frequented Hog's Head Inn or the seedy drinking halls of Knockturn Alley; all one-night stands. Those encounters were always about sex. They never meant anything. There was never any emotion in the act. It wasn't 'making love'. Severus had never 'made love' to a woman. Tonight he was going to make love to Daphne.

Severus let his fingers roam along Daphne's creamy soft skin to caress the sides of her face and throat. Their kisses grew more amorous. His hands brushed back out across her shoulders easing the straps of her dress down her arms. He slid his hands around Daphne's waist and up her back unzipping her dress. The red dress fell to the floor. Daphne had untied his tie and began to unbutton his waistcoat and shirt. Both were soon divested of clothes and hair trappings. Severus lifted Daphne in his arms and carried her to the bed. Her lush cinnamon hair fell across the white pillows. 

"You are a beautiful woman, Daphne," Severus breathed as he kissed her throat. They were lost in luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets, silk duvets and each other. The fireplace glowed, the fire crackled and their magic sizzled around the room the rest of the night.